Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Explain whether GLASS TRANSITION TEMPERATURE is exothermic or endothermic??????????

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) can be used to measure a number of characteristic properties of a sample. Using this technique it is possible to observe  glass transition temperatures Tg.

Glass transitions may occur as the temperature of an amorphous solid is increased. These transitions appear as a step in the baseline of the recorded DSC signal. This is due to the sample undergoing a change in heat capacity; no formal phase change occurs. As the temp increase solid wil become less viscous.At the same time molecule may obtain enough freedom of motion to spontaneously range themselves into a crystalline form.This is known as crystallization temperature.This transition from amorphous solid to crystalline is an exothermic process and result in the peak of DSC signal.As the temp increases the sample eventually reaches its melting temp.The melting process results in endothermic peaks in DSC signal.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

what is the element with highest density among all the elements of periodic table?
@ dharma osmium is the most densiest element in the periodic table . its a very rare element which occurs in a very trace amount in platinum ores . it have a density of 22.59 g/cc . after...
Umakant biswal one month ago
It is Osmium. The higher density of Osmium may be explained on the basis of its higher atomic mass and greater value of effective nuclear charge onto its outermost electrons.
harshul gupta one month ago
The diameter of a bubble at the surface of lake is 4mm and at the bottom of the lake is 1mm . if atmospheric pressure is 1 ATM and the temperature of the lake water is equal to that of...
Use simple ideal eqn. that is from charles law, P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2...............(1) At the surface, P1 = 1 atm. V1 = 4pi*(4)^2 and At the bottom P2 = 1 atm + pgh = > 1 + (1000*9.8*h)/10^5...
Vikas TU 28 days ago
Why Rutherford used alpha particle and gold foil in his experiment
dear ankesh can i know the reason for disapproval ?? i mean my answers are correct , tell me the thing that u nt understood . ?? or what else u required for this question ??
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ ankesh The reason why rutherford use alpha particle for the experiment 1- they are heavily and positively charged . 2- they donot have any electron 3- as like charges will repel , the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
-R effect of -COOR is greater than -COOH. What is the best reason behind it.
Simple answer: in Ester that is -COOR there is R group that is the combination carbon and hydrogen atoms. And -R group always shows +R effect thus decreases -R effect.
Vikas TU 27 days ago
R is a alkyl group and so it is a electron pushing group and so t shows -R effect much better than H COO
since “R”(Alkyl) group is +R group so decrease -R effect while H doesnot hence -R effect of -COOR is greater than -COOH.
i have not prepare that well for cbse or iit please give advice for how can i complete my subjects and get good grades.
@ shivam donot get frustrated , there are enough time left for cbse board exam to prepare . now , what u have to do s below 1- read out the ncert only , and solve exercise and intext...
Umakant biswal one month ago
what makes an element to become a radioactive and why ?
All the elements wants to raech into the stable form. And to attain the stability those elements releases energy by emitting unstable nuclei which is radioactive and also with some other...
Vikas TU 14 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn