Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Why pressure is an intensive property?

as per boyle's law, pressure changes with volume. so the pressure of a gas depends upon the volume and not the nature of gas. so it should be extensive propoerty. why it is an intensive property?????

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Deeksha,

Your doubt is very genuine.Let me clear it here only.

Let us take a gas p= 1atm and V = 1 L.
We divide the gas into two equal parts.
Pressure is always 1 atm and volume is 0.5 L
If a quantity of matter is divided into two equal parts each part will have the same value of intensive property as the original and half the value of extensive property.

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, Chemical Engg

IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

what transition of Li2+ spectrum will have same wavelength as that of second line of balmer series in he+ spectrum.
@ rishant can you recall the following formula ?? lambda=1/z^2{(1/n1^2)-(1/n2^2)}, if u can then , u can surely , solve this question . " BUT THIS QUESTION IS WRONG , SOME DATA GIVEN HERE...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
their is some mistakes in the question even you try u can use the formula of rybergs and try to solve it but it cannot be solved because the question has an error
monu kumar 3 months ago
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
define IE1 and IE2 , why is IE1 > IE2 for a given atom ? discuss any four factors that affect IE of AN ELEMENT
@ deva ionisation energy or ionisation enthalpy is the enrgy required to remove the most loosely bound electron from an isolated gaseous atom . and IE1 , IE2 , these are the removal of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
examples on compounds having stereo centres but not chiral centres
@ anupam there are some isomer, which shows this type of behaviour as most of them will not show . u can take the examples of mesomers . mesomers are these type of compounds . HOPE IT...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What do we mean by kinetically controlled product and thermodynamically control product. How to check whether the product formed is the former one or the latter one.
@ gagandeep suppose u have 2 product – Product a and product b then product a forms faster than product B beacuse activation energy of product a is lkower than that of product B . yet...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Why is Bohr's model of an atom only valid for uni-electronic species?
In any atom there would be an electrostatic force due to nucleus to an electron which is an attraction force and therefore it would act on an individual electron because further in case of...
Vikas TU 21 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn