Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

what is an emf value or wht indicates emf value

give explanation in detail

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The electromotive force (EMF) is the maximum potential difference between two electrodes of a galvanic or voltaic cell. This quantity is related to the tendency for an element, a compound or an ion to acquire (i.e. gain) or release (loss) electrons. For example, the maximum potential between Zn and Cu of a well known cell Zn (s) | Zn2+ (1 M) || Cu2+ (1 M) | Cu (s) has been measured to be 1.100 V. A concentration of 1 M in an ideal solution is defined as the standard condition, and 1.100 V is thus the standard electromotive force, DEo, or standard cell potential for the Zn-Cu galvanic cell.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Electronic transistion in He + ion takes place from n 1 to n 2 shell such that: 2n 2 +3n 1 =18 2 n 2 -3n1=6 What will be the totalno. of photons emitted when electron transit to n1 shell?
Dear Mudit, Remmeber these two formulaes: 1) Maximum no. of photons they eemits if they return to ground state is: n(n-1)/2 2) And for n2 to n1 level, formmulae is: (n2-n1)(n2-n1+1)/2 gives ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
By solving I got n1=2 and n2=6 By applying the formula I got the answer 1 while the answer given in book is 10. So help me out with this.
Mudit 2 months ago
Solve both the eqns. and get the value of n1 and n2. Then to know total number of photons to n1 state, Apply the fomulae: n1(n1-1)/2
Vikas TU 2 months ago
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
25 ml of solution of Ba(OH) 2 on titration with 1M – solution of hydrochloric acid gave a titre value of 3.5 ml the molarity of Ba(OH) 2 solution was
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
@ debashis i think u can surely recall the formula that is M1V1/N1=M2V2/N2 so, by applying the value from the question we will get N1=1,V1=25, M2=1,V2=3.5,N2=2 the answer turns out to be...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@umakant. Your answer is right.But N being the weight/eq weight,Is it not N1=2 & N2=1 ? The mole ratio of acid to base is 2:1.
Anjitha 3 months ago
2 moles of an ideal gas at 2 atm and 25 C are compressed isothermally to one third of its volume by an external pressure of 6 atm. calculate q, w and del u
At isothermmal del U = 0 . W = nRTln(Vf/Vi) = > -2R*298*ln(V/3V) => 57.75 JOULE. U = Q + W As U = 0 Q = -57.75 Joule.
Vikas TU 9 days ago
What does meta refers to in sodium meta aluminate ?? What is acid anhydride ??what is condentation degree??
What does meta refers to in sodium meta aluminate ? Meta denotes a modification. Meta can signify least hydrated derivative of an acid anhydride. Here, meta is distinguished from ‘ortho’....
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
meta is a classification or a category which here refer the sodium meta aluminate a very least hydrated form of NaAlO2.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
why carboxylic acid remove carbon di oxide from sodium bicarbonate but phenol does not?
phenol is acidic in nature , but not that muchj acidic to react with nahco3 . phenol are weakly acidic in nature . they turn blue litmus red and react with alkali metals and alkalies to...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Phenol is a very weak acid as compared to carboxylic acid and it cannot react with a weak base like sodium bicarbonate
Amay chugh one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn