Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

What are diamagnetic and paramagnetic molecules?

Please tell me about them.

I'll surely approve correct answers

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear nitin,

Paramegnetic compounds have unpaired electrons, and are thus magnetic (attracted or repelled by a magnetic field), whereas diamagnetic compounds are not affected by magnetic fields and do not have unpaired electrons.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

wavelength of 1st line in balmer series is 656 nm. calculate the wavelenght of second line and the limiting line in balmer series.
Wavelenth of second line of balmer series means , transition is happening from 4 th shell to 2 nd shell. So you can find the wavelength by using formula and put n2 = 4 and n1 = 2. For the...
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
wavelength of second line in balmer series is obtain by transition from 4 th shell to 2 nd shell and applying the formula of rybergs constant and for limiting wavelength we take the value...
monu kumar 3 months ago
how to derive gay lussac`s law of pressure and temperature relationship
pressure is directly prop to temp at constant volume. so here v is const and no of moles is p= a constant * T …........ P/T = a CONST
2017 years ago
i have not prepare that well for cbse or iit please give advice for how can i complete my subjects and get good grades.
@ shivam donot get frustrated , there are enough time left for cbse board exam to prepare . now , what u have to do s below 1- read out the ncert only , and solve exercise and intext...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Why does 3 degree alcohol give immediate turbidity with lucas reagent
Lucas reagent is a mixture of HCl and anhydrous ZnCl2 this reaction undergoes SN1 reaction and this reaction passes through the carbocation intermediate and tertiary carbication are stable...
Amay chugh one month ago
@ srilakshmi lucas reagent is hcl + anhydrous zncl2 . the reaction proceeds in sn1 mechanism , which depends upon carbocation stability . tertiary alcohol react almost immidietly as they...
Umakant biswal one month ago
While drawing a structure of a compound how do we decide that where to place the Lone pair
@ rahul u can place that anywhere , no doub t for symmatry , just u need to be clear with the meaning of the loan pair , that means theses are the electron pairs which cannot participate in ...
Umakant biswal 7 days ago
The l.p. should arrange in this way thatl.p.----l.p. don`t allow on 90° and l.p-----b.p.(bond pair) is≥ 120° .And keep in mind less repultion between l.p.and b.p.
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift