Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Conceptual Prob -- 

Why Hydrogen Bonding is not there in case of alcohols?

I'll surely approve all correct answers

6 years ago

Answers : (3)

Dear Nitin,

There hydrogen bonding in the case of alcohols, there are hydrogen bonds set up between the slightly positive hydrogen atoms and lone pairs on oxygens in other molecules.The hydrogen atoms are slightly positive because the bonding electrons are pulled away from them towards the very electronegative oxygen atoms.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

6 years ago

this question is not correct because there is a hydrogen bonding in between alcohols......

6 years ago

You are very correct vikas kumar.I came to know later that its present in alcohols.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Give me full notes of solids state with fully explanation
@ manish in solid state , u have to only use your imagination , that chapter only uses imagination and creating the concept , the imp topics are (for boards ) 1- tetrahedral and octahedral...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
please visit thanks and please approve my answer:} post if you have any doubt
SAHIL 3 months ago
What are the primary and secondary batteries.............?
Primary cell (or) Battery: ‘The battery after its use over a period of time become dead and the cell reaction is completed and this can’t be reused again is called primary battery....
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ karna A primary battery is a portable voltaic cell that is not rechargeable..A common dry cell is the zinc–carbon battery, sometimes called the dry Leclanché cell, with a nominal voltage...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
lithium tetra borate is considered as acidic flux whereas lithium meta berate is considered basic fluxwhat is the criteria for it?
In Lithium metaBorate the no. of hydrogens can be donated is superficcil than in compare to Li tetra Borate. Therfore by definition of acid – base lithium tetra borate is considered as...
2017 years ago
Chemical equilibrium is achieved when the rates of 2 reactions become equal.Does this mean there are 2 reactions going on? like.for example,in solid-liquid equilibrium rate of freezing is...
@ azad yes , you are correct , the thing is both forward and backward reaction should have to running on the same vessel . only then if the two rates will be equal , then equilibrium will...
Umakant biswal 16 days ago
Why bond dissociation energy of T2>D2>H2 ...??explain .
bond dissociation energy is the enrgy required to break the bonds b/w the moleculess and hence therfore, T2 has highest mass containg more neutrons and enrgy required would be more. Heavy...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
how no. of pie bonds will effect heat of hydrogenation ? is it inceases with their number & what is i’s significance?
Heat of Hydrogenation is Heat of hydrogenation is inversely proportional the stability of alkenes. and directly proportional to the number of pi bonds. And all H2 addition is the syn....
Vikas TU one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn