Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Conceptual Prob-

How can we check or say whether a compound exists as dimer or not?

I'll surely approve all correct answers

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Inorganic Chemistry is a subject which does not have reasons as it cannot be predicted but experimentally proved and stated.

For example can you tell me the reason why 2H2 + O2 --> 2H2O. It can be H2O2 (or) O3 + H2O.

In the same way some compound which are unstable in it's monomer form takes diamer forms to stabilise itself. Eg: HF into H2F2.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

what is meant by internal energy.................................?
@ sharda internal energy can be defined as the energy associated with the random , disordeerd motion of molecules . it is separated in scale from the macroscopic ordered energy associated...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The energy in molecules or atoms or in system is defined due to the random motion collision or anny movment between them. that energy is called as internal energy. it depends on many...
Vikas TU one month ago
why the freedom of gas is restricted when it is adsorbed.?and why delta h becomes less and less negative during adsorption process
@ adyasha actually adsorption means the gas particle will be stick to the solid surface due to the uneven distribution of the particle in the solid state , and for that the solid surface...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
From dG = dH – TdS molecules looses degree of freedom. but entropy of adsorption is negative, enthalpy change is negative and the processis exothermic.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
In a fcc lattice a unit cell is shared equally by how many unit cell?`
Dear student Are you sure you want to ask about unit cell and not atom lying in an FCC unit cell because I think you have mistypes the question. .
Bhavya 23 days ago
according to ur question answer may be 10.but i think ur unaware about the conceptual clarity. i think u meant particles shared
anand 8 days ago
I want to know, Effective atomic number of Cu2+ion in CuSO4.5H2O complex, how to calculate ?
EAN = metal electrons + Ligands + Charge and Electronic configuration of Cu2+ = 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s0 3d9 Hence, => 9 + (5 + 1) + 2 = > 17. that would be the EAN number perhaps for Cu2+.
Vikas TU 11 days ago
List of compound and their uses of all chapter class11 chemistry
Hi, There are so many compounds, I suggest you to refer to NCERT everything is given there Thanks
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
@ rafi there are more than 100 of compounds are avaliable if u will refer to the whole class 11 th chemistry . so, kindly tell of which chapter u required , so, that i can give u of that...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 24 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 24 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn