One of the consequences of Hydrogen Bonding is -- association (something related to formation of dimer) Can anyone help me? I'll surely approve all correct answers

One of the consequences of Hydrogen Bonding is -- association (something related to formation of dimer)

Can anyone help me?

I'll surely approve all correct answers

Grade:11

1 Answers

suryakanth AskiitiansExpert-IITB
105 Points
13 years ago

Dear Nitin,

One of the consequences of Hydrogen Bonding is association of molecules,due to hydrogen bonding, two or more molecules of a compound get associated to form larger units.For example, two molecules of carboxylic acid associate to form a dimer in the vapour state.
Compounds such as glycol, sulfuric acid, honey, etc., form hydrogen bonding that give rise to their higher values of viscosity and surface tension.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free