Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

One of the consequences of Hydrogen Bonding is -- association (something related to formation of dimer)

Can anyone help me?

I'll surely approve all correct answers

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nitin,

One of the consequences of Hydrogen Bonding is association of molecules,due to hydrogen bonding, two or more molecules of a compound get associated to form larger units.For example, two molecules of carboxylic acid associate to form a dimer in the vapour state.
Compounds such as glycol, sulfuric acid, honey, etc., form hydrogen bonding that give rise to their higher values of viscosity and surface tension.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The total mass of 1 mole of electrons is ?(Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g)
MASS OF I MOLE ELECTRON=MASS OF 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g hence mass of 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS = 9.1*1o-28gx 6.022X10 23
bhavika 3 months ago
arrange the following in decreasing order of their bond length H 2 O, NH 3 ,H 2 S
both answers have confused me further as both are opposite to each other,can u recheck each others theory and let me know.thanks
rajiv 15 days ago
The length of the bond is determined by the number of bonded electrons (the bond order). The higher the bond order, the stronger the pull between the two atoms and the shorter the bond...
Sagar Gupta 15 days ago
@ rajiv the decreasing order will be H20 > h2s > nh3 as the bond angle of h2s is smaller than that of h20 . and in case of h20 its 104 degree nearly and for ammonia is 101 degree nearly ....
Umakant biswal 15 days ago
define IE1 and IE2 , why is IE1 > IE2 for a given atom ? discuss any four factors that affect IE of AN ELEMENT
@ deva ionisation energy or ionisation enthalpy is the enrgy required to remove the most loosely bound electron from an isolated gaseous atom . and IE1 , IE2 , these are the removal of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
to check stability of carbanion what is the priority of consideration of following factors? delocalization of charge,mesomeric& inductive effect,hybridization or degree of carbon of...
For stability of Carboanions Learn this code: -MR. HI It stands as: -M for -mesomeric effect R is for Resonance H is for Hyperconjugation and I is for Inductive effct. This is all in...
Vikas TU one month ago
how to find strenght of acids. guaranted question for boards 2017 maths phy chem
Dear student Strength of acid No of H+ ions released -I effect -R effect 1/H-bonding
Bhavya one month ago
Why does Wurtz reaction wont work with odd number of carbon atoms? Please elaborate. Thanks.
It is not that wutz reaction does not work with odd number it works but a lot of products are formed and you cannot separate the products thus you dont get the desired product
Biswajit dash 24 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn