Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

explain the concept?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear nitin,

Heat capacity gives a measure of the quantity of heat absorbed by a system. It is defined as the amount of heat required to rise the temperature of the system through 1oC. If the quantity of heat required is to raise the temperature of unit mass of the substance through 1oC then it the specific heat of the substance. Whereas when the whole mass of the substance is considered, it is the heat capacity

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

help me with it.please.............................................
Dear esha, Your question in the attachment is not clearly visible. Please repost it or write the question yourself.
Vikas TU 26 days ago
why photoelectric effect is conducted in vaccum chamber ?
photoelectric effect requires measurement of energy of electron, whenever u have to do this with electron then u have to create vaccum , electrons under atmospheric condition , undergo...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
what are the examples [elements and compounds] of fcc and bcc structures ?
The face centered cubic structure has atoms located at each of the corners and the centers of all the cubic faces . Each of the corner atoms is the corner of another cube so the corner...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
NCERT page 212 (2nd year part1).................................................................................
Anjitha 3 months ago
In the expreiment of discovery of proton why the positively charged particle depend upon the gas ???
Adil Khan 3 months ago
@ akshat Here positively charged particles are nucleous of given gas.. so it will depend upon medium. like for H2, it is H^+. for He, it is He^+ as they are nucleous so they will behave...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Me3N is pyramidal but(SiH3)3N is planar. Explain Why?
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding..Hence SP3 hybridised “N” so ,pyramidal.While vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant ‘d’)hence SP 2...
Pranav Dabhade 10 days ago
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding .Hence SP 3 hybridised “N” so pyramidal.Whilehybridised “N” hence planer. 2 vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant...
Pranav Dabhade 10 days ago
what is hybridisation of free radical cl03 ? .. and how can i find the hybridisation of free radicals like ch3, cf3, no2...
@ anubhav the hybridisation in chlorate is sp3 . clo ^ 3- have 3 bond pairs and 1 loan pair ifu can calculate acc to the VSEPR theory . it is of the type AB3E . it has trigonal pyramidal...
Umakant biswal one month ago
sir, what is the hybridisation of cl03 free radical and not clo3-.... ch3 has sp2 hybridisation bt cf3 has sp3 hybridisation.. jst like this i want to knw if there’s any kind of exception...
anubhav one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn