There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

thermodynamics 1st law??

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

it states energy can neither be created nor be destroyed i.e. it remains conserved

change in u= q + w 

u=internal energy

q= heat

w= wrk done by/on the system

6 years ago

if we apply heat in a system it woks ifo two cases............................... one to change nits internal energy other t do work............  it follows the conservation of energy..................  it is the thermodynamics first law.......

if you like it please approve my answer...........

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

What is a Schottky defect......................................?
The defect arises when equal number of cations and anions are missing from the lattice is called Schottky defect. It is a common defect in ionic compounds of high coordination number where...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ karun A Schottky defect is a type of point defect in a crystal lattice named after Walter H. Schottky . In non-ionic crystals it means a lattice vacancy defect . In ionic crystals, the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
How can we compare the dipole moment of CCl4 and CH2Cl2
@ apoorv in the case of ccl4 , they have tetrahedral shape and they are symmetric , so, they have dipole moment as 0 . in ch2cl2 the polarity vectors of two H atoms add up to cl atoms but...
Umakant biswal 29 days ago
IN an experiment 500 ml of 0.01 M of kmno4 solution is added to 500 ml of KI solution in basic medium.The resultant solution was titrated with 0.015 M na2s2o3 solution using starch...
On reaction. KmnO4 will reduce to MnO2 and KI to I2. moles of Mn x v.f = moles of I2 x v.f 0.01*500 x 3 = mmoles x 1 millimoles = 15 mm. after then, the titration with Na2S2O3 , Na2S2O3 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
i am not getting the correct sorry i am really sorry my question was wrong ki has 0.1 M THEN HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT NOW
Iswarya Mahati 2 months ago
calculate the morecular formula of a hydracarbon which contains 85.7percent of carbo and has molecular mass 84 grams
Let the hydrocarbon be CxHy. then given, 12x + y = 84....................(1) and 12x/84 x 100 = 85.7 on solving, x = 5.99 = 6 (approx.) Put x in eqn. (1) we get, y = 12 Hence the...
Vikas TU 21 days ago
Can`t understand how to name compounds in IUPAC and common names, and how are they attached to compounds??
@ pallavi KIndly be specific , as there are so much groups in alkanes which can be attached , else u can just post a pic of organic compound and i can give u the full explanation on how...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What makes an element or compound to become source of energy , for example hydrogen ?
Any element or compound which is able to emit anything that is non – uited particle or photon or electron or proton or neutron etc. which ffinally is considered as releases energy and hence ...
Vikas TU 11 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn