Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Pls tell about chemical equilibrium..????

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear sachin,

Chemical equilibrium applies to reactions that can occur in both directions. In a reaction such as:

CH4(g) + H2O(g) <--> CO(g) + 3H2(g)

The reaction can happen both ways. So after some of the products are created the products begin to react to form the reactants. At the beginning of the reaction, the rate that the reactants are changing into the products is higher than the rate that the products are changing into the reactants. Therefore, the net change is a higher number of products.

Even though the reactants are constantly forming products and vice-versa the amount of reactants and products does become steady. When the net change of the products and reactants is zero the reaction has reached equilibrium. The equilibrium is a dynamic equilibrium. The definition for a dynamic equilibrium is when the amount of products and reactants are constant. (They are not equal but constant. Also, both reactions are still occurring.)

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
What is a standard hydrogen electrode...............?
The standard hydrogen electrode consists of a platinum electrode coated with platinum black. The electrode is dipped in a solution of acid (usually 1M HCl) and pure H 2 gas is bubbled...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ ram A Standard Hydrogen Electrode (SHE) is an electrode that scientists use for reference on all half-cell potential reactions. The value of the standard electrode potential is zero,...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
wavelength of 1st line in balmer series is 656 nm. calculate the wavelenght of second line and the limiting line in balmer series.
Wavelenth of second line of balmer series means , transition is happening from 4 th shell to 2 nd shell. So you can find the wavelength by using formula and put n2 = 4 and n1 = 2. For the...
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
wavelength of second line in balmer series is obtain by transition from 4 th shell to 2 nd shell and applying the formula of rybergs constant and for limiting wavelength we take the value...
monu kumar 3 months ago
why H2O2 is stronger acid than H2o?? cyclo octa 1, 3, 5, 7tetraene structure and its properties??
Dear student It is a stronger bronsted acid as it protonates to a larger extent (two H+ ions) when in aq. solution than water itself,which means it has a larger Ka(acid dissociation constant...
Bhavya 2 months ago
Except F2 all the halogens forms the oxides. Cl has largest number of synthesis of oxides. Examples: Cl2O, ClO2, Cl2O6, Cl2O7 Br2O, BrO3, BrO2C. I2O5 , I2O7. the synthesis reaction would...
2017 years ago
Why does an orbital can accommodate two electrons only?
Why does an s-orbital accommodate two electrons only? The Exclusion Principle only allows two electrons in an orbital. A wave must have a crest and a trough per period. An electron in ground...
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
@ ramachandram the no of electron that can be accomdated by an orbital is restricted by pauli exclusion principle . acc to his theory the two electron exist in a orbital , then that must...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn