Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

How property of diffusion of gases help to separate isotopes?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

isotopes are different fro each other by there masses , so the isotope which is lighter move quickly and diffuses more readily on the other hand the isotope which is heavier move or diffuse at a slower rate

6 years ago

isotopes are having different  moleular weights. the rate of diffusion is inversely praportional to molecular mass. so higher molecular weight having lower diffusion. this process is also called as atomlysis

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

IN an experiment 500 ml of 0.01 M of kmno4 solution is added to 500 ml of KI solution in basic medium.The resultant solution was titrated with 0.015 M na2s2o3 solution using starch...
On reaction. KmnO4 will reduce to MnO2 and KI to I2. moles of Mn x v.f = moles of I2 x v.f 0.01*500 x 3 = mmoles x 1 millimoles = 15 mm. after then, the titration with Na2S2O3 , Na2S2O3 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
i am not getting the correct sorry i am really sorry my question was wrong ki has 0.1 M THEN HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT NOW
Iswarya Mahati 2 months ago
What is a fuel cell...................................................?
Galvanic cells that convert energy of combustion of fuels like hydrogen, methane, methanol etc directly into electrical energy are called fuel cells.
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ RAM A fuel cell is a device that converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through a chemical reaction of positively charged hydrogen ions with oxygen or another oxidizing ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
If equal solutions of 0.1M KMnO4 and 0.1M K2Cr2O7 solutions are allowed to oxidize Fe(2+) to Fe (3+) in acidic medium, then Fe2+ Will be: a) more by KMnO4 b)more by K2Cr2O7 c)equal in both...
From MnO4- MnO4- + Fe2+ ----> Fe3+ + Mn2+ n1 * 5 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*5 = n2 n2 = 0.5V From K2Cr2O7, Cr2O7^2- + Fe2+ --------> Fe3+ + Cr3+ n0 * 4 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*4 = n2 n2 =0.4V Comparing both...
2017 years ago
Sir, when it comes to organic chemo we have many equations. I wanted to know if ncert organic chemistry can get me a rank in aiims/neet.
@ sakshi organic chemistry have many equations , but if you have done it clearly in class 11 th , then it will not be difficult for you for sure . so , for that at least do reaction...
Umakant biswal one month ago
CO2 has the same geometry as: 1. HgCl2 2.NO2 3. SnCl4 4. C2H2
@ amisha option no 4 will turns out to be the correct option . so, C2H2 will be the answer here . in co2 the structure is linear and in c2h2 also the structure are linear , in co2 the bond...
Umakant biswal one month ago
C2H2 Because both the compounds have linear geometry due to SP hybridization.In NO2 due to 1 electron it has neither bent nor linear geometry.
Himanshu one month ago
how an oxygen satisfies their valency in superoxide by sharing of ½ – ½ electrons ?
Oxidative stress is an imbalance, in biological cells in particular, between the state of two chemical processes: formation of ‘reactive oxygen species’(ROS), more generally ‘reactive...
dolly bhatia one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn