Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Please explain the statement "Avogadro law leads to a generalisation that since heavier molecules and light moleciles obey this law therefore the distance b/w molecules is larger than the actual dimensions of the molecule, since othrwise Avogadro's law would not have been true."

Why otherwise it would not have been true?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Deeksha ,

All the laws of physical chemistry are derived from kinetic theory of gases which has a basic assumption that the size of molecules must very very small as compared to the distance between them as then only they can be considered as point masses because then the repulsive or attractive forces between the molecules can be neglected.

therefore it follows in every law derived from it that the size of particles must very very less wtih respect to the distance between them.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Why Rutherford used alpha particle and gold foil in his experiment
dear ankesh can i know the reason for disapproval ?? i mean my answers are correct , tell me the thing that u nt understood . ?? or what else u required for this question ??
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ ankesh The reason why rutherford use alpha particle for the experiment 1- they are heavily and positively charged . 2- they donot have any electron 3- as like charges will repel , the...
the work done when 6.5 g of zinc reacts with dilut HCl in an open beaker at 298k is
moles of zn reacted = > 6.5/65 = 0.1 mol. from ideal gas eqn. PV = nRT 1*V = 0.1*0.0821*298 V = 2.46 litre. Work Done = -Pext.*V => -1*2.46 = -2.46 l/atm or W = -2.46 * 100 => -246 Joules...
Vikas TU 28 days ago
what is ment by enthaply........................................................?
@ shrada 1- enthalpy is a measure of total energy of a thermodynamic system , it includes the internal energy , which is energy required to create a system , 2- unit of enthalpy is joule...
Umakant biswal one month ago
It's a thermodynamic constant or a qiantity which is the sum of tital heat of the system. it is given as sum of total internal enrgy with product of pressure and volume.
Vikas TU one month ago
enthalpy is the some of internal energy and pressure volume work or it is the heat q at const...
anand 6 days ago
Please provide me with some mnemonics for organic chemistry so that I can learn some of the difficult reactions easily.
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
@ nilay how can we construct mnemonics for remembering the reaction , i am sorry to say there are no mnemonics avaliable for learning the organic name reaction . what u have to do for that...
In which of the following process the energy is being absorbed ? (A) Na (g) = Na - (g) (B) Na + = Na + (aq) (C) A + (g) + B - (g) = AB (s) (D) N (g) = N + (g)
for changing N to N+ energy is required to remove an electron from valence shell . askiitians kamlesh kumar
Kamlesh Kumar 2 months ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 24 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 24 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn