Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Avogadro's law is applicable anly at high temperature and low pressure (to an ideal gas). Then why molar volume is calculated at stp(0degree celsius and 1 atm pressure, that is low temperature and high pressure), when gas does not behave ideally? Is the molar volume of 22.414litres merely hypothetical?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear deeksha,

For an ideal gas two conditions are necessary, 1- its molecules should volume less and 2- there is no force of attraction among its molecules, both these conditions are impossible to full fill therefore an ideal gas does not exists.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

arrange the following in decreasing order of their bond length H 2 O, NH 3 ,H 2 S
both answers have confused me further as both are opposite to each other,can u recheck each others theory and let me know.thanks
rajiv 16 days ago
The length of the bond is determined by the number of bonded electrons (the bond order). The higher the bond order, the stronger the pull between the two atoms and the shorter the bond...
Sagar Gupta 16 days ago
@ rajiv the decreasing order will be H20 > h2s > nh3 as the bond angle of h2s is smaller than that of h20 . and in case of h20 its 104 degree nearly and for ammonia is 101 degree nearly ....
Umakant biswal 16 days ago
A, B, C are 3 elements forming a part of compound in oxidation states of +2,+5,-2 respectively. What could be the compound?
It could be any 2 nd group that is alkaline earth element with oxygen and Phosphorous. For example, Calcium Phosphate. Ca3(PO4)2 In this, Ca has +2 valency Phosphorous has +5 and Oxygen has ...
Vikas TU 27 days ago
In a fcc lattice a unit cell is shared equally by how many unit cell?`
Dear student Are you sure you want to ask about unit cell and not atom lying in an FCC unit cell because I think you have mistypes the question. .
Bhavya 23 days ago
according to ur question answer may be 10.but i think ur unaware about the conceptual clarity. i think u meant particles shared
anand 7 days ago
Functions of various reagents used in organic chemistry problems.
Sir, actually at present i am solving class 12th "haloalkanes, and haloarenes". so i need the list of reagents and their functions from this chapter. But as i would further solve the next...
Apar 18 days ago
@ apar there are a lot of reagents are avaliable as far as the whole organic chemistry are concerned . so, kindly tell me of which chapter u need the list of reagents . so, that i can...
Umakant biswal 22 days ago
no of geometrical and optical isomers of the compound [co(NH3)2Cl2(en)]+
This is M(AA)a 2 b 2 type compund.I have 3 G.I out of which two are trans which can’t show optical isomerism (O.I) While cis form show O.I hence occur in d & l pair Thus,3G.I & 2 O.I but...
Pranav Dabhade 4 days ago
what are exactly optical isomers ?how can we identify them?
Optical isomerism is a form of Stereoisomerism.These are the molecule that differ three dimensionally by the placement of substituents around one or more atom in a molecule.Optical isomers...
prasan 2 months ago
@ diptesh Plastic optical fiber (POF) (or Polymer optical fibre) is an optical fiber that is made out of polymer . Similar to glass optical fiber, POF transmits light (for illumination or...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Optical isomers are those isomers which should posses no POS. .i.e. No Plane of symmetry and No Axis of symmtery. Then only it would be considered as optically active isomers. . And for...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn