There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Deeksha,

Our earth is able to hold this atmosphere because of its high gravity. For ex, mars doesn't have a considerable atmosphere only because of its poor gravity.

Now, as we move higher n higher, the gravitational force decreases, and we know that pressure is directly proportional to force....So, the atmospheric pressure keeps decreasing as we go high and ultimately it vanishes.

Rishabh Dabral

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

50 grams of CaCo3 is allowed to react with 73.5 grams of h3po4 calculate amount of Ca3(Po4)2 formed?
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
good evening yasik guptha, in my point of veiw, balanced equation- 3CaCo 3 +2H 2 Po 4 gives Ca 3 (Po 4 ) 2 +3Co 2 +3H 2 O so 210g of CaCo 3 and 196 H 3 Po 4 gives 310g of Ca 3 (Po 4 )...
DEEPTHI JANGA 3 months ago
What is meant by Ductillity, Malleability, Sonorous ?
@ mohammed ductility refers to the capacity of metal to stretch away . that means when u are stretching a rubber band , then u can say its a ductile property of metals . malleability helps...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Ductility is when a solid material stretches under tensile stress. Malleability is a physical property of matter, usually metals. It usually applies to the family groups 1 to 12 on the...
Mohammed Sohail 2 months ago
Define molar conductivity.......................................?
Molar conductivity ( Λ m ) : Molar conductivity of a solution at a given concentration is the conductance of the volume (V) of solution containing one mole of electrolyte kept between two...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
Molar conductivity is defined as the conductivity of an electrolyte solution divided by the molar concentration of the electrolyte, and so measures the efficiency with which a given...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Why bond dissociation energy of h2 is highest...??explain.
bond dissociation energy here would depend on bond order therfore higest bond order means high enrgy . and thus bond order is the no. of elctrons get shared b/w two atoms while making pi-pi ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
can i know which book can i refer for jee mains with basics i m very back at basics
@ ram , i think u are asking for the organic chemistry . if so, then start with ncert , with reading of ncert , your besic will get strong as it explains each and every mechanism step by...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Can you produce hydrogen from its isotopes. If yes then how
@ vipul No , hydrogen cannot be produced from its isotopes . there is no such techniques which can produce hydrogen from its isotopes . it can only be produced by chemical reaction as a bi...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn