Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

why electron has half spin but not any other number

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear umar

There are two and only two possible values for the component m_L of this angular momentum along any given direction.  
The number of values of m_L for any value of L in quantum mechanics is always equal to 2 times L plus 1, so L must be 1/2
when exactly two values of m_L are seen.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum.

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

why water has specific heat capacity? Explain
Water's high heat capacity is a property caused by hydrogen bonding among water molecules. When heat is absorbed, hydrogen bonds are broken and water molecules can move freely. When the...
Gajula Sandeep one month ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake 26 days ago
what is ment by enthaply........................................................?
@ shrada 1- enthalpy is a measure of total energy of a thermodynamic system , it includes the internal energy , which is energy required to create a system , 2- unit of enthalpy is joule...
Umakant biswal one month ago
It's a thermodynamic constant or a qiantity which is the sum of tital heat of the system. it is given as sum of total internal enrgy with product of pressure and volume.
Vikas TU one month ago
enthalpy is the some of internal energy and pressure volume work or it is the heat q at const...
anand 3 days ago
What do we mean by kinetically controlled product and thermodynamically control product. How to check whether the product formed is the former one or the latter one.
@ gagandeep suppose u have 2 product – Product a and product b then product a forms faster than product B beacuse activation energy of product a is lkower than that of product B . yet...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Functions of various reagents used in organic chemistry problems.
Sir, actually at present i am solving class 12th "haloalkanes, and haloarenes". so i need the list of reagents and their functions from this chapter. But as i would further solve the next...
Apar 15 days ago
@ apar there are a lot of reagents are avaliable as far as the whole organic chemistry are concerned . so, kindly tell me of which chapter u need the list of reagents . so, that i can...
Umakant biswal 19 days ago
What is natron and why it is called so ?? Also, what is thermo natrite??
@ simran natron is a mineral salt which are found in the dried lake beds . consiting of hydrated sodium carbonate . its name is given acc to the compound it formed . these compounds are...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn