Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 2,600 off

give an example of a compound which contains both ionic and covalent bonds

6 years ago

Answers : (3)

Dear kiran,

NH4Br is one such example

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

NH4Cl,NH4Br,B2H6 are some examples.

6 years ago

hey kiran this is shreyas of ur class!!! 

NaOH is the example..... O and H share a covalent bond and Na+ and OH- form an ionic bond.... 

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Calculate relative rate of effusion of SO2 to CH4,if the mixture obtained by effusing out a mixture with molar ratio nso2/nch4=8/1 for three effusing steps.
First U must know the Rate of effusion formulae. That is: R = PA/root(MT) For SO2, R1 = P1A/root(64T)................(1) P1V = 8nRT..............(2) For CH4, R2 =...
Vikas TU 25 days ago
Current 10 amp passed througj cuso4 for 32min 10 sec.if 896ml oxy liberated at stp calculate efficiency of cell
from faraday’s law, moles x valence factor = i*t/F moles = i*t/F*n = 10*1930/2*96485 = 0.100 approx. Moles given at STP = 0.896/22.4 = 0.04 efficiency = (0.1-0.04)/0.1 * 100 => 60%
Vikas TU 25 days ago
Nmm thanks buddy.a small mistake valency factor n=4.because 2h2o gives o2 + 4h^+ +4eso the moles=.05 nd the answer is 80%
Pulkit Khandelwal 25 days ago
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
How to draw resonating structures of an irorganic molecule.
@ mahak let me to frst define resonance for you . its the property of compound having the charecteristics of two or more structural forms and they differ only in the distribution of...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
some rules need to be followed while drawing the resonating structures. if there is a multiple pi bond between the alternate atoms. lone pair – lone pair adjacent. charge – double/triple...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Can someone the defintion(specific and direct) and differences between aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons?
Aliphatic compounds can be saturated, joined by single bonds (alkanes), or unsaturated, with double bonds (alkenes) or triple bonds (alkynes). Besides hydrogen, other elements can be bound...
Umakant biswal 25 days ago
Aliphatic hydrocarbon possess straight chains. And aromatic hydrocarbon contains a aromatic chain like a benzene ring
Biswajit dash 25 days ago
In bond enthalpy it is the amount of energy required to break one mole of bond? How can there be one mole!! Bond
@ mayank yes , 1 mole of bond is possible . 1 mole besically specifies to 6.022 * 10 ^ -28 ( avogadro no . ) no ofparticles. so, if that much no of particles will going to be combine then...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,950 off

Get extra R 2,600 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn