Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 520 off

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The p-block of the periodic table of the elements consists of the last six groups minus helium (which is located in the s-block). In the elemental form of the p-block elements, the highest energy electron occupies a p-orbital. The p-block contains all of the nonmetals (except for Hydrogen and Helium which are in the s-block) and semimetals, as well as some of the metals.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

Amit Yadav

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

what are the total formulaes of atomic structure in bohr atumicc model
@ harshith your query are not clear , i guess u want to know about the formula related to the bohrs model of atom , if i am correct then below are the explanation and i am enlisting all the ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
mvr=nh/2pi Kq 1 q 2 /r 2 =mv 2 /r Energy of electron=-13.6*Z 2 /n 2 eV Radius=0.529*n 2 /z A Velocity of electron=2.18*10 6 Z/n Rvolutions per sec =v/2r(pi) Time for one revolution=2r(pi)/v ...
Mudit 3 months ago
the explanation of extraction of gold from cell phones and who invented about this method?
Just 41 mobile phones — that’s all it takes to get 1 gram of gold. While this may seem like a mundane fact to the average reader, the significance is clear for those looking to profit from...
Lakshit one month ago
@ PRAVEENA There are 0.034 grams of gold in each cell phone , according to the U.S. Geological Survey. That's the equivalent of 0.001 troy ounces, worth about $1.82 at today's prices. There ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The IP1 IP2 IP3 IP4 and Ip5 values of an element are 7.1 ,14.3 ,103.4 ,66.8 and 162.2 ev respectively the element belong to ________ Group !!
At 66.8 energy value the element becomes inert i think so, as the next IP is very much large. that is 162.2 ev. Therfore after loosing 4 elctrons it is becoming inert the elemnt should be...
Vikas TU one month ago
why carboxylic acid remove carbon di oxide from sodium bicarbonate but phenol does not?
phenol is acidic in nature , but not that muchj acidic to react with nahco3 . phenol are weakly acidic in nature . they turn blue litmus red and react with alkali metals and alkalies to...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Phenol is a very weak acid as compared to carboxylic acid and it cannot react with a weak base like sodium bicarbonate
Amay chugh 2 months ago
How to explain 109 degrees 28 minutes to students. Mainly 28 minutes
@ prassana i have not got your question . kindly elaborate what exactly u want toknow. 109 degree 28 minute is the standard bond angle of sp3 hybridisation . and in chemistry its actually...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Why bond dissociation energy of h2 is highest...??explain.
bond dissociation energy here would depend on bond order therfore higest bond order means high enrgy . and thus bond order is the no. of elctrons get shared b/w two atoms while making pi-pi ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 520 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn