Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 520 off

According to classical theory, the proposed circular path of an electron                Rutherford atomic model will be:

(A) Circular (B) Straight line (C) Parabolic (D) Spiral

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

As per Maxwells's classical electrodynamics, any charged particle associated with acceleration should emitt energy. As the electron gradually looses energy, it traces spiral path moving closer to nucleus,instead of circular path; finally collapsing into nucleus leading to annhilation - virtually the death of atom.

As atoms are not exhibiting continuous spectra, it is an evidence that electrons are not tracing spiral path; and some thing else is missing in Rutherford atomic model, that paved the way for new theories like Bohr's Theory.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

first and second ionization energies of magnesium are 5.7 and 15.035eV the amount of energy in kJ needed to convert all the atoms of magnesium into mg+2 ions present in magnesium vapours is
Mg -------> Mg+ + e- I.E1= 5.7 eV. Mg+ --------> Mg2+ + e- I.E.2 = 15.035 eV. For Mg to Mg2+ the eqns. would be Mg -----------> Mg2+ + 2e- adding the I.E1 AND IE2 eqns. We get, the final...
Vikas TU one month ago
What is the radius of Li 2+ ion in 2nd orbit and please give me the formula
@ piyush u haVE to use the below formula r (n ) = n ^ 2*0.529* 10^ -10 / zm z = atomic number = 3 n = 2 (as given 2 nd orbit ) just put the value in the formula and calculate it . r (n ) =...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The formula of finding the radius of atom = 0.529 * n^2/Z So, here the ‘n’ is 2 & ‘Z’ is 3 Then, Radius=0.529 * 4/3 =0.705
Lakshit one month ago
The total mass of 1 mole of electrons is ?(Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g)
MASS OF I MOLE ELECTRON=MASS OF 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g hence mass of 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS = 9.1*1o-28gx 6.022X10 23
bhavika 3 months ago
The boiling point of para isomer is quite higher than that of ortho or meta isomers. This is due to the fact that it has a symmetrical structure and therefore, its molecules can easily pack...
Rohit Kundu one month ago
how no. of pie bonds will effect heat of hydrogenation ? is it inceases with their number & what is i’s significance?
Heat of Hydrogenation is Heat of hydrogenation is inversely proportional the stability of alkenes. and directly proportional to the number of pi bonds. And all H2 addition is the syn....
Vikas TU one month ago
what is hybridisation of free radical cl03 ? .. and how can i find the hybridisation of free radicals like ch3, cf3, no2...
@ anubhav the hybridisation in chlorate is sp3 . clo ^ 3- have 3 bond pairs and 1 loan pair ifu can calculate acc to the VSEPR theory . it is of the type AB3E . it has trigonal pyramidal...
Umakant biswal one month ago
sir, what is the hybridisation of cl03 free radical and not clo3-.... ch3 has sp2 hybridisation bt cf3 has sp3 hybridisation.. jst like this i want to knw if there’s any kind of exception...
anubhav one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 520 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn