Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

A certain quantity of an organic liquid (mol. wt. 85) was introduced into an air filled flask of volume 6.5 L and sealed at Temperature of 17 degrees C and 760 mm og Hg . The flask was heated to a temperature of 307 degrees C where liquid is completely vaporized and the pressure is registered 4.3 atm . Calculate the amount of organic liquid introduced into the flask.

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

we talk the quantity of organic liquid in terms of moles and then they can be easily converted into grams by Molecular weight.

after the liquid has been completely converted into gaseous state,we use the avagadro's law of same number of moles(i.e. an amount of mixture of IDEAL gas has the moles of gas in the same state irrespective of their chemical differences.

using the final P V and T calculate the net number of moles i.e. no. of moles of air and moles of gasturned organic liquid.

the number of moles of air, which was initially there vcan be calculated in teh same way using P V and T.

subtract the and u will get the answer.

I calculate the answer to be 26.7 grams.

ifficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Askiitians Experts

Rahul- IIT Roorkee
6 years ago

the answer for ur question is 11.47 gms.....first u can use the ideal gas equation....pv/t is a constant....then u get the evaporated volume...dat wud be d volume of the gas....u can then take d ratio of this volume to d molar volume and then multiply wit d molecular mass..........

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

find n; log(17/11)=(1-n)log(35/54) i know u can do it with calculators tell me the correct steps. thanks
Dear Priyesh, Sharing personal information and contact details is strictly not allowed on this forum. Please make sure that you must follow forum guidelines else your account will be...
Forum Team 2 months ago
Contact me on WhatsApp for answer. Dont forget to approve view ucckcbzdlgkdkgjzkgkxjblvhxlbgvphhxvhxjuzvcfxkbuxjbixhvkxxkchzivjzvxhckcgclvyxohuzyfi
priyesh dixit 2 months ago
What is the difference between Tate of reaction and rate of disappearence of one reactant
@ satheesh what u need to understand is that , suppose you are doing a reaction . so, u must have some reactant initially , and after some period of time the reactant will going to form...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
For expressing the rate of a reaction where stoichiometric coefficients of reactant or products are not equal to one,rate of disappearance of any of the reactants or the rate of appearance...
Anjitha 3 months ago
why nature favours crystalline solids ? what is meant by anisotropic and isotropic character of solids ?
Because it forms the crystal lattice which can extends in all directions. Isotrophics are those which has all the properties same in all the respective directions Anistropics are those...
Vikas TU 29 days ago
Liquation of which gaseous substance will arise as a result of momentum imbalance in electronic distribution? (1) Ammonia (g) (2) Carbon dioxide (g) (3) Na+(g) Cl–(g) (4) Xenon (gas)
But bro! the answer is not that.... Answer given is Xe...and I feel the question is taking about London dispersive forces, hence the answer may be Xe...
Giri sripathi 24 days ago
(3) option. Na+ (g) Cl- (g) as only this compounnd is inic in nature. Rest are covalent ones like NH3 , Xe(g) and CO2.
Vikas TU 25 days ago
no of geometrical and optical isomers of the compound [co(NH3)2Cl2(en)]+
This is M(AA)a 2 b 2 type compund.I have 3 G.I out of which two are trans which can’t show optical isomerism (O.I) While cis form show O.I hence occur in d & l pair Thus,3G.I & 2 O.I but...
Pranav Dabhade 4 days ago
How does resorcinol (1,3 dihydroxy benzene) undergo iodoform
resorcinol undergoes keto enol tautomerisation ,due to this the CH2 group between the OH groups is activateted,and the hydrogen become acidic,so it can give iodoform test easily.
2017 years ago
and yes aromaticity will be lost,but it will tautomerise only under either acidic,or in this case basic
3 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn