Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

For CrCl3.xNH3 ,elevation in boiling point of one molal solution is triple of one molal aqueous soln of urea. Assuming 100% ionization of complex molecule, calculate the value of x.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

For the elevation in boiling point to be 3 times that of urea, the solution of complex should contain 3 times more number of particles compared to urea solution.

[Cr(NH3)4Cl] Cl2 can give 3 times more particles than Urea because, Complex ion is 1 particle, 2 Cl1- particles are obtained after ionisation as they are present out side the sphere of coordination. So, X= 4.

3 particles should be; 1 complex ion + 2 ions, invariably Cl1- . So, Coordination number 6 is satisfied by 4 NH3 and 2 Cl1-

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The mass ofa nonvolatile solute of malar mass 40g/mol that should be dissolved in114g of octane to lower its vapour 20% is......... a) 10 g b)11.4 gc)9.8 g d)12.8 g
From partial pressure for non volatile solute formulae: (P – xP)/P = nA/nB (P – 0.2P)/P = (w/40)/(114/114) 0.8 = w/40 w = 32 g.
2017 years ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake one month ago
Give me full notes of solids state with fully explanation
@ manish in solid state , u have to only use your imagination , that chapter only uses imagination and creating the concept , the imp topics are (for boards ) 1- tetrahedral and octahedral...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
please visit thanks and please approve my answer:} post if you have any doubt
SAHIL 3 months ago
Why do we prefer Friedel craft acylation to Friedel craft alkylation in preparation of alkylbenzene?
There are many electrophilic substitution reactions associated with benzene and benzene derivatives. However, very few of them involve formation of a carbon-carbon bond, one of the primary...
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
Friedel craft acylation inviles always the double bonded Oxygen with R or other group which leads to decrease in the density of the electrons. .Where as alkyl group -R shows +I effect which ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
In coordination complex compounds when does nh3 acts as strong ligand
@ kumar in spectrochemical series the ligands are arrenged in their increasing delta value towards a metal ion . as the charge on the metal ion will increase the magnitude of delta alos...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
i didn’t understand anything in organic chemistry and there ractions
@ shubham kindly tell me which reaction u are not able to understand ?? so, that i can explain you the whole process here , and while reading the mechanism and reaction intermediate ,...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn