Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

to find no total no. of atom, if atom present on corner ,body centre, face centre , edge centre and two atoms on each body diagonal

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

BCC has 8 atoms at the corners and one atom, within the body. Each corner atom makes 1/8 contribution and the contribution of atom within the body = 1

No of atoms present in bcc = 1/8 × 8 (at corner) + 1(at the body centre)

= 1+1 =2

Fcc has 8 atoms at the corners and 6 atoms on the faces (one on each face)

Contribution by atoms at the corners = 1/8 × = 1

Contribution by atom on the face = 1/2 × 6 = 3

Number of atoms present in fcc unit cell = 1+3 = 4

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

i need sone tips to prepare for higher exams. like, we should prioritise theories or numericals? for example, i m currently preparing mole concept
Hii I can help you with some books if you need that. Study from these books and topics will easy to you. Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry NCERT Chemistry text books of...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
@ NAVYA kindly mention you are preparing for engg or medical entraance exams , so, that i can help u suitably . if u are focusing more on medical entrances then u need to solve problem in...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
first and second ionization energies of magnesium are 5.7 and 15.035eV the amount of energy in kJ needed to convert all the atoms of magnesium into mg+2 ions present in magnesium vapours is
Mg -------> Mg+ + e- I.E1= 5.7 eV. Mg+ --------> Mg2+ + e- I.E.2 = 15.035 eV. For Mg to Mg2+ the eqns. would be Mg -----------> Mg2+ + 2e- adding the I.E1 AND IE2 eqns. We get, the final...
Vikas TU 29 days ago
Electronic transistion in He + ion takes place from n 1 to n 2 shell such that: 2n 2 +3n 1 =18 2 n 2 -3n1=6 What will be the totalno. of photons emitted when electron transit to n1 shell?
Dear Mudit, Remmeber these two formulaes: 1) Maximum no. of photons they eemits if they return to ground state is: n(n-1)/2 2) And for n2 to n1 level, formmulae is: (n2-n1)(n2-n1+1)/2 gives ...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
By solving I got n1=2 and n2=6 By applying the formula I got the answer 1 while the answer given in book is 10. So help me out with this.
Mudit 3 months ago
Solve both the eqns. and get the value of n1 and n2. Then to know total number of photons to n1 state, Apply the fomulae: n1(n1-1)/2
Vikas TU 3 months ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 25 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 25 days ago
calculate the morecular formula of a hydracarbon which contains 85.7percent of carbo and has molecular mass 84 grams
Let the hydrocarbon be CxHy. then given, 12x + y = 84....................(1) and 12x/84 x 100 = 85.7 on solving, x = 5.99 = 6 (approx.) Put x in eqn. (1) we get, y = 12 Hence the...
Vikas TU 25 days ago
All over nao2 what is among is. What nao2 separate is also found
NaO2 is called sodium superoxide which is obtained by treating Na2O2 that is sodium peroxide with O2 at high pressures. The Reaction goes like this: Na2O2 + O2 ---------> 2 NaO2 . The...
Vikas TU 15 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn