Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

5.5g of a mixture of FeSO4.7H2O and Fe2(SO4)3.9H2O required 5.4ml of 0.1 N KMnO4, solution for complete oxidation. Calculate mole of hydrated ferric sulphate in mixture

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

only FeSO4. 7H2O can be oxidysed since fe is in +2 oxidation state. hence milliqequivalents of kmno4 used = millieq of green vitriol

let wt in gram of ferroussulphate ( hydrated) be x

( x divided by 278) * 1000= 5.4 *0.1

x can be calculated by this

ans- (5.5 -x )/ (molecular wt of hydrated ferric sulphate)

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

1 l of air weighs 1.293 g at 0 deg c and at 1 atm pressure. At what temperature 1 L of air at 1 atm pressure will weigh 1 g ?
Dear student Applying Ideal gas equation in both case and equating them :- P1V1/ P2V2 = n1RT1/n2RT2 Canceling P,V and R since these are not changing we get, n1T1 = n2T2 1.293/M * 273 = 1/M...
Bhavya one month ago
N factor for potassium ferro cyanide in acidic medium
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
n factor is the no of electron transfer for single atom or the oxidation state of central atom . in the complex K4{FE(CN)6} 4(1) +X +6(-1) =0 X-2 =0 SO, X= +2 SO, HERE its n factor is +2 in ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
i need sone tips to prepare for higher exams. like, we should prioritise theories or numericals? for example, i m currently preparing mole concept
Hii I can help you with some books if you need that. Study from these books and topics will easy to you. Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry NCERT Chemistry text books of...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
@ NAVYA kindly mention you are preparing for engg or medical entraance exams , so, that i can help u suitably . if u are focusing more on medical entrances then u need to solve problem in...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
@ DEEPAK THERE ARE many methods which are used in organic chemistry for the purification of the compound , kindly let me know which one u want to know in detail . there are methods like...
Umakant biswal one month ago
CO2 has the same geometry as: 1. HgCl2 2.NO2 3. SnCl4 4. C2H2
@ amisha option no 4 will turns out to be the correct option . so, C2H2 will be the answer here . in co2 the structure is linear and in c2h2 also the structure are linear , in co2 the bond...
C2H2 Because both the compounds have linear geometry due to SP hybridization.In NO2 due to 1 electron it has neither bent nor linear geometry.
Himanshu one month ago
NOTES IWANT SIR IWANT NOTES CAN YOU HELP me for my icse 10 board examination sir
Hi Go to the below mentioned link for revision notes Thanks
Nishant Vora one month ago
@ abhi KIndly mention the chapter for which u want the notes for icse board . only then we can help u meaningfully . askiitian is their to help everyone , so, u can always check the notes...
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn