Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Consider an α particle is just in contact with a U(Z=92 A=238). Calculate the repulsion energy (i.e. the height bof the columbic barrier between U238 and α-particle) asuming that the distance between them is equal to the sum of their radii.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

U(rep)=-[E(diss)+deltaE+Ue], where delta E is the dissociation energy minus the electron affinity

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Which electronic level will allow the hydrogen atom to absorb photon but not to emit ? A. 1s B. 2s C.2p D.2d
@shashank option no aturns out to be the correct option . " as its a ground state . in any energy level if electron absorba photon of energy equal to the enrgy of electron in that level...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
D. option 2d As 2d is no orbital that is sustaining. d orbital starts with quantum number 3 check if the options are correct.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Monochromatic radiation of wavelength λ is incident on a hydrogen sample in ground state.Hydrogen atoms absorb a fraction of light and subsequently emit radiation of six different...
from the eqn. for ground state n(n-1)/2 = 6 n^2 – n – 12 = 0 n^2 – 4n + 3n – 12 = 0 (n-4) (n+3) = 0 n = 4 Therfore, 1/ λ = R*1^2(1/1^2 – 1/4^2) 1/ λ = R*(1 – 1/16) => 15R/16 λ = 16/15R =...
Vikas TU 26 days ago
arrange the following in decreasing order of their bond length H 2 O, NH 3 ,H 2 S
both answers have confused me further as both are opposite to each other,can u recheck each others theory and let me know.thanks
rajiv 14 days ago
The length of the bond is determined by the number of bonded electrons (the bond order). The higher the bond order, the stronger the pull between the two atoms and the shorter the bond...
Sagar Gupta 14 days ago
@ rajiv the decreasing order will be H20 > h2s > nh3 as the bond angle of h2s is smaller than that of h20 . and in case of h20 its 104 degree nearly and for ammonia is 101 degree nearly ....
Umakant biswal 14 days ago
Order of incresing solubility of agcl in other solutions
@ chandana your ques is incomplete , so, kindly recheck the ques and do get back to us . and i am assuming it to be the solution of water , nacl , bacl2 and NH3 . so, acc to the common ion...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
U will have to tell the solutions name. in which U want to arrange the order of increasing solubility of AgCl.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Why bond dissociation energy of h2 is highest...??explain.
bond dissociation energy here would depend on bond order therfore higest bond order means high enrgy . and thus bond order is the no. of elctrons get shared b/w two atoms while making pi-pi ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 22 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 22 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn