Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

What will be the total no. of elements in second period if there are 3 spin quantum nos1 -1/2,0,1/2?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear manav

total no of orbitals in 2nd period is 4 

i.e. one 2s and three 2p orbitals

Now.,if  there are three spin quantum no. then there will be three e- in each orbital

Hence total No. of electrons is 12.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question 

Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Manav !!!

Askiitians Experts

Sahil Arora
6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake 29 days ago
why photoelectric effect is conducted in vaccum chamber ?
photoelectric effect requires measurement of energy of electron, whenever u have to do this with electron then u have to create vaccum , electrons under atmospheric condition , undergo...
Umakant biswal one month ago
In the chapter Solid State Class 12, how to classify any solid or elements on the basis of their bonds i.e. covalent bond, molecular bond etc ???
Depending upon the type of bonding present , Solids can be divided as : 1) Covalent Solids 2) Ionic solids 3) Molecular solids 4) Metallic solids
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
Ok , thats the same thing i told , u just need to see the configuration of examples . i am giving that below potassium sulphate – ionic solid tin – mettalic solid benzene – molecular (non...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ shreyas On the besic of bond present there are no such classification as tetraphosphorous decosides , and aluminium phosphates . Besic of the bond there are 4 types of classification 1-...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Is the complex Co[(Nh3)2(h20)4] is paramagnetic or diamagnetic
U would have to find the configuration and hybridization .of Co. then count the numver of d-electrons according to tyhe Bonding and Antibonding table as per given in the NCERT book and then ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
does aldehyde shows keto enol tautomerisatin or it is considered only in case of ketone?
@ pranav yes , aldehyde shows keto enol tautamerism , beacuse keto form is more stable in the case of aldehyde . the besic nessasaity for keto enol tautamerism is the presence of acidic...
Umakant biswal one month ago
is it possible to convert methanol to ethanol & vice versa with bulk quantity say 4 ton?Would the reaction be harmful because of large volume conversion?Will it leave any residue that will...
Hi, already someone has answered this question. pls check:
Vikas TU one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question