There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Limitation’s of Bohr’s Theory

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Limitation’s of Bohr’s Theory:- the limitation of the Bohr’s theory are given below.

(i)                  It does not explain the spectra of multi-electron atoms.

(ii)                 When a high resolving power spectroscope is used, it is observed that a spectral line in the hydrogen spectrum is not a simple line but a collection of several lines which are very closed to one another. This is known as fine spectrum. Bohr’s theory does not explain the fine spectra of even hydrogen atom.

(iii)                It does not explain the splitting of spectral lines into a group of finer lines under the influence of magnetic field (Zeeman Effect) and electric field (Stark effect).

(iv)               Bohr’s theory is not in freemen with Heisenberg’s uncertainly principle.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

the explanation of extraction of gold from cell phones and who invented about this method?
Just 41 mobile phones — that’s all it takes to get 1 gram of gold. While this may seem like a mundane fact to the average reader, the significance is clear for those looking to profit from...
Lakshit one month ago
@ PRAVEENA There are 0.034 grams of gold in each cell phone , according to the U.S. Geological Survey. That's the equivalent of 0.001 troy ounces, worth about $1.82 at today's prices. There ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
first and second ionization energies of magnesium are 5.7 and 15.035eV the amount of energy in kJ needed to convert all the atoms of magnesium into mg+2 ions present in magnesium vapours is
Mg -------> Mg+ + e- I.E1= 5.7 eV. Mg+ --------> Mg2+ + e- I.E.2 = 15.035 eV. For Mg to Mg2+ the eqns. would be Mg -----------> Mg2+ + 2e- adding the I.E1 AND IE2 eqns. We get, the final...
Vikas TU 24 days ago
what are the total formulaes of atomic structure in bohr atumicc model
@ harshith your query are not clear , i guess u want to know about the formula related to the bohrs model of atom , if i am correct then below are the explanation and i am enlisting all the ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
mvr=nh/2pi Kq 1 q 2 /r 2 =mv 2 /r Energy of electron=-13.6*Z 2 /n 2 eV Radius=0.529*n 2 /z A Velocity of electron=2.18*10 6 Z/n Rvolutions per sec =v/2r(pi) Time for one revolution=2r(pi)/v ...
Mudit 2 months ago
CO2 has the same geometry as: 1. HgCl2 2.NO2 3. SnCl4 4. C2H2
@ amisha option no 4 will turns out to be the correct option . so, C2H2 will be the answer here . in co2 the structure is linear and in c2h2 also the structure are linear , in co2 the bond...
Umakant biswal one month ago
C2H2 Because both the compounds have linear geometry due to SP hybridization.In NO2 due to 1 electron it has neither bent nor linear geometry.
Himanshu one month ago
Why CCl3- anion is more stable than C6H5CH2-? I think the only possibility is by comparing the -I effect of Cl and Phenyl group. Generally we can see the possibility of negative charge...
I believe vacant d orbital option shall come last as in the first place itself we see Phenyl ring has larger possibility of negative charge dispersion. Further as we all may know...
Dattatray Biradar one month ago
the reason is simple. in CCl3- cholrine atoms has vacnat d- orbitals. and that is the reason it make sit more stable.
Vikas TU one month ago
How the S-character increases the electronegativity of an atom ?
Due to the spherical – structure shape of s – orbitals unlike p – orbitals it is more closer to nucleus and hence nuclear charge compare to p orbitals which is more elongaated the elctron...
Vikas TU 10 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn