Please help me in these Questions. 1. Describe the change in hybridisation of the Aluminium atom in the following reaction AlCl3 + Cl^- gives AlCl4^- 2. Arrange the following set of compounds in order of their decreasing relative reactivity with an Electrophile Chlorobenzene , 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene , p-nitrochlorobenzene 3. Calculate the solubility ofA2X3 in pure water , assuming that neither kind of ion reacts with water. The solubility product of the compound , Ksp = 1.1*10^-23.

Please help me in these Questions.

1. Describe the change in hybridisation of the Aluminium atom in the following reaction

AlCl3 + Cl^- gives AlCl4^-

2. Arrange the following set of compounds in order of their decreasing relative reactivity with an Electrophile

Chlorobenzene , 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene , p-nitrochlorobenzene

3. Calculate the solubility ofA2X3 in pure water , assuming that neither kind of ion reacts with water. The solubility product of the compound , Ksp = 1.1*10^-23.

Grade:12

3 Answers

Karthikeyan
26 Points
10 years ago
AlCl3 has sp2 hybridisation. AlCl4- has sp3 Hybridisation.. In your 3rd que. Solubility equals 1.001 * 10^-5
Akarsh Aithal
36 Points
10 years ago
in u r 2nd que. reactivity is 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene > nitrochlorobenzene > Chlorobenzene in 3rd que ans is 5th root of 1.0185*10^-25 in u r 1st que. trigonal planar geometry implies an sp2, as it is in AlCl3. However, in AlCl4, tetrehedral geometry is present; which implies sp3 hybridization.
Muhammad Shadhuly
37 Points
10 years ago
Thank You for clarifying my doubt

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free