Hello Sir the question is “Determine whether Na2O2 is paramagnetic or not. I have learned to how to determine this by writing MO configuration & then counting if there are any unpaired e- .( I hope am right in saying that). But the problem is I only know MO configuration upto Ne2(that is upto 20 electrons) so how will I write electronic configuration of Na2O2 Please Help

Hello Sir

the question is “Determine whether Na2O2 is paramagnetic or not.  I have learned to how to determine this by writing MO configuration & then counting if there are any unpaired e- .( I hope am right in saying that). But the problem is I only know MO configuration upto Ne2(that is upto 20  electrons) so how will I write electronic configuration of Na2O2

Please Help

Grade:11

1 Answers

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Yes the configuration thing doesn’t always work. Sometimes you can draw the structure and see if there are any unpaired electrons, that helps too. but this also doesn’t always work. depends on the question, if you can solve it using the formula then go for it else try drawing the structure.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free