Haloalkanes & Haloarenes what are they ? what its mean? whats the general structure ? i need answer fast coz 2moro is ma exam..

Haloalkanes & Haloarenes
what are they ?
what its mean?
whats the general structure ?
i need answer fast coz 2moro is ma exam..

Grade:12

4 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
6 years ago
Halogens are group 17 elements. Elements like Chlorine, Flourine are under this category. When Hydrogen of an alkane Like CH4 is replaced with any halogen we get a haloalkane
When Hydrogen of a aromatic compund like benzene is replaced with Halogen we get haloarenes.
Regards
Somdev
11 Points
6 years ago
Haloalkanes are those compound in which the replacement occurs of hydrogen atom in hydrocarbon( al liphatic) by halogen atom like Cl, F ,Br ,I and genral formula for them isCnH2n+1-X where X is halogen atomHaloarene are the those compound in the replacement occurs of hydrogen atom in hydrocarbon (aromatic) by halogen atom and genral formula for them is CnHn-1-X
praveen kumar
144 Points
6 years ago
halo alkanes are the compounds where one or more no. of hydrogen are replaced in an aliphtic hydro carbon are known as halo alkanes.ex:chloro ethane.
general formula is CnH2n+1X.
halo arenes are the compounds in which one or more no. of hydrogens are replaced by halogens in an aromatic compounds are known as halo arenes.ex:chrolo benzene.

Upendra Yadav
33 Points
6 years ago
halo alkanes are the compounds where one or more no. of hydrogen are replaced in an aliphtic hydro carbon are known as halo alkanes.
general formula is CnH2n+1X

Haloarene are the those compound in the replacement occurs of hydrogen atom in hydrocarbon (aromatic) by halogen atom genral formula for them is CnHn-1-X

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free