Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

why benzaldehyde do not respond to fehling's test?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Benzaldehyde is a mixture of equal volumes of 2 solutions namely, Fehling solution A and Fehling solution B.

Fehling solution A consists of CuSO4 solution

Fehling solution B consists of NaOH+Roschelle's salt..

Benzaldehyde easily reacts with this NaOH in rochelle's salt instead of reacting with CuSO4 .. Hence Benzaldehyde doesnt react with fehling solution..

Extra: Rochelle's salt is sodium potassium tartate..

structure:    COONa

H--- C --OH

OH--- C -- H

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Which Reference Book Is best for Organic Chemistry for 1 st year
Arihant organic chemistry or u can use study materials of akash or allen they provide excellent basics
Biswajit dash one month ago
@ anirudh if u have 2 year left for jee , then go with organic chemistry by morrision and boyd . but at first make sure , u did ncert properly , as they have a good explanation in mechanism ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
A certain colloidal solution is not affected by addition of small amounts of electrolytes.....explain clearly ...PLEASE.
@ naman be specific in your query . when some amount of electrolyte will be added in the colloidal solution then it will coagulate and separated into charge particle . and u can see the...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Plz refer to the link given below: Physical properties of colloidal solution has been explained here:...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The IUPAC name of the compound shown below is...................................
C is the correct option as here double bond is given more preference then the halogens so the double bond is given priority and among chloro and bromo ,according to the alphabetical order...
Amay chugh one month ago
Correct answer is c. so name of this compound is: 3-Bromo-1-Chlorocyclo-hex-1-ene thanks keep posting your doubts
SAHIL one month ago
Sir Which chapters in inorganic chemistry in class 11? I don`t understand.pls tell me
@ zaki in 11 th u have 1- p block element 2- s block element 3- periodic table and properties 4- hydrogen this much chapter belongs to the inorganic part . HOPE IT CLEARS NOW ALL THE BEST ..
Umakant biswal 3 days ago
For the reaction SnO2(s) +2H2(g)= 2H2O(g)+ Sn(l) at 900K, the equillibrium steam hydrogen mixture was found to be 40% H2 by volume. The Kp is..
Re – Posting Again, As U have asked twice... In the reacn. SnO2(s) + 2H2(g) = 2H2O(g) + Sn(l) Since solid and liquid states compounds would not take part in Kc or Kp. Hence, from chemical...
Vikas TU 14 days ago
In the chapter Solid State Class 12, how to classify any solid or elements on the basis of their bonds i.e. covalent bond, molecular bond etc ???
Depending upon the type of bonding present , Solids can be divided as : 1) Covalent Solids 2) Ionic solids 3) Molecular solids 4) Metallic solids
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
Ok , thats the same thing i told , u just need to see the configuration of examples . i am giving that below potassium sulphate – ionic solid tin – mettalic solid benzene – molecular (non...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ shreyas On the besic of bond present there are no such classification as tetraphosphorous decosides , and aluminium phosphates . Besic of the bond there are 4 types of classification 1-...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn