Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Which is more acidic -  HCOOH  or  2,4,6 Trinitro Phenol?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

i will give order of acidity

i.e aromatic acids>aliphatic acids>phenols>aliphatic alcohols>water>1-alkyne

formic acid is more acidic than tri nitro phenol this concept is explained by inductive effect

in the case of tri nito phenol there are there electron with drawing groups as the  no. of electron with drawing groups increases acidity of phenols decreases

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

I want answer for NaO-COO-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-COO-O-Na gives rise to on excess soda lime by decarboxylation
First use the NaOH and heat it with together soda lime. that is CaO. OH- attacks on the -COOH and -COO- group and form R-COOOH— ion.
2017 years ago
The IUPAC name of the compound shown below is...................................
C is the correct option as here double bond is given more preference then the halogens so the double bond is given priority and among chloro and bromo ,according to the alphabetical order...
Amay chugh one month ago
Correct answer is c. so name of this compound is: 3-Bromo-1-Chlorocyclo-hex-1-ene thanks keep posting your doubts
SAHIL one month ago
How the conversion happen in number of carbon atom in wurtz reaction?
Dear student Following is the conversion in Wurtz reaction
Bhavya one month ago
why nature favours crystalline solids ? what is meant by anisotropic and isotropic character of solids ?
Because it forms the crystal lattice which can extends in all directions. Isotrophics are those which has all the properties same in all the respective directions Anistropics are those...
Vikas TU 29 days ago
can you please explain me detail that Is milk of magnesia a suspension or it is a colloidal solution?
@ sai milk of magnesia is called as magnesio hydroxide , , and anything which contains suspended particles in it , we define that as suspension , " so, it is a suspension of mh (oh) 2 in...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Milk of magnesia is a suspension in water in a colloid there are small particles floating in the solution showing colloidal effect but in case of milk of magnesia or paint there is a...
Biswajit dash one month ago
The mass ofa nonvolatile solute of malar mass 40g/mol that should be dissolved in114g of octane to lower its vapour 20% is.........
For immiscible mixtures, the relation in pre partial pressures and mole fractioon is: Pa’/Pb’ = na/nb 0.2P/P = na/(114/114) na = 0.2 moles of solute. Mass of the solute = 0.2 * 40 => 8...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn