Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

sir... my organic chemistry is very weak... i had studied it only from ncert.... please guide me to get good marks in chem jee2010. my board xam will end on 22nd march... so i hv hardly 16 days..... i ll b greatly thankful 2 u....

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear jainish

NCERT books is not sufficient for IIT JEE chemistry.

'Organic Chemistry' has the highest weightage with mean marks of 36%. Topics like 'Isomerism' and 'Name Reactions', and

'Stability of reaction intermediates' should be thoroughly covered. It is easier to remember the reactions and conversions

involving aromatic compounds and a considerable percentage of questions from organic chemistry are based on this part. An

understanding of directive influence of substituent groups, resonance and mechanism of reactions definitely helps in cracking

the problems of organic chemistry.

most of the organic chemistry questions comes in form of chemical reactions,

products formed and reaction mechanisms ( some standard mechanisms are included in JEE sylaabus )

For you to understand mechanisms, u have understand and learn some of rules by which reaction undergoes.

you should complete ur syllabus before the board exam.and after the exam you start solving sample papers one paper per day.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

how to determine the presence of cross conjugation in a compound?
@ pranav frst of all u need to draw the structure of the compound , and then try to figure out the bonds , and their classification , after doing that u can easily figure out which bonds...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Why CCl3- anion is more stable than C6H5CH2-? I think the only possibility is by comparing the -I effect of Cl and Phenyl group. Generally we can see the possibility of negative charge...
I believe vacant d orbital option shall come last as in the first place itself we see Phenyl ring has larger possibility of negative charge dispersion. Further as we all may know...
Dattatray Biradar one month ago
the reason is simple. in CCl3- cholrine atoms has vacnat d- orbitals. and that is the reason it make sit more stable.
Vikas TU one month ago
Which Reference Book Is best for Organic Chemistry for 1 st year
Arihant organic chemistry or u can use study materials of akash or allen they provide excellent basics
Biswajit dash one month ago
@ anirudh if u have 2 year left for jee , then go with organic chemistry by morrision and boyd . but at first make sure , u did ncert properly , as they have a good explanation in mechanism ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Please urgent. Thermochemistry question. I want to know the difference in energies and which one will be more stable and why?
Dear student The isomerised product will be more stable here due to conjugation which will lead to resonance.
Bhavya one month ago
Please explain me about hybridization. is that important for JEE Mainas and Advace 2018?
@ sakthi hybridisation can be defined as the mixing of atomic orbital belonging to the same atom but having slightly diffrent energy , so that the same no of new orbital will formed which...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
What is a fuel cell...................................................?
Galvanic cells that convert energy of combustion of fuels like hydrogen, methane, methanol etc directly into electrical energy are called fuel cells.
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ RAM A fuel cell is a device that converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through a chemical reaction of positively charged hydrogen ions with oxygen or another oxidizing ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn