Get extra R 500 off

How to convert:

1.Toulene to benzylalcohol

2.Ethanol to but-1-yne

3.Isopropyl alcohol to iodoform

4.tert-Butyl bromide to isobutyl bromide 

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

1. Add Cl2 i presence of sunlight and then add aq. KOH.

2. Add SOCl2, then Na in presence of dry ether. add 2 equivalents of Cl2 in presence of sunlight and then treat with excess of alcoholic KOH.

3. Add NaOH in presence of I2.

4. Treat with alcoholic KOH followed by addition of HBr in presence of peroxide.

4 years ago
  1. CH3CH2OH + SOCL2----------> CH3CH2CL-------( in presence of CH tripple bond CNa)---------> CH3CH2C( tripple bond)CH.
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

examples on compounds having stereo centres but not chiral centres
@ anupam there are some isomer, which shows this type of behaviour as most of them will not show . u can take the examples of mesomers . mesomers are these type of compounds . HOPE IT...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is the decreasing order of +I effect for following: 1. -CH 2 -CH 2 -O - 2.-O - 3. -CH 2 -O -
decreasing order of +I effect for: given compounds would be: 1> 3 > 2 as O- shows highest and maximum +I effect.
Vikas TU one month ago
How to remember all the reactions and the reagents and catalysts simultaneously?
@ vamshi practice is the only thing that can save you in organic chemistry , frst of all when u are reading from ncert , underline all reagents and reactions as well as the catalyst...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What are the primary and secondary batteries.............?
Primary cell (or) Battery: ‘The battery after its use over a period of time become dead and the cell reaction is completed and this can’t be reused again is called primary battery....
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ karna A primary battery is a portable voltaic cell that is not rechargeable..A common dry cell is the zinc–carbon battery, sometimes called the dry Leclanché cell, with a nominal voltage...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
What is atom!??????And please understand me that what is the Bohr model?????
@ rahul atom is the smallest part of matter which can take part in a chemical reaction , features of bohr model 1- bohr actually redefined the rutherford model , and just add a term known...
Umakant biswal 10 days ago
what is electrolysis..................................................?
DEAR SREE, The decomposition of a chemical compound in the molten state (or) in the solution state into constituent elements under the influence of an applied EMF is called electrolysis.
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ sree In chemistry and manufacturing, electrolysis is a method of using a direct electric current (DC) to drive an otherwise non-spontaneous chemical reaction. Electrolysis is commercially ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn