Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off


Fermentation process

7 years ago


Answers : (1)


This is one of the earliest and most important methods for preparing various types of alcoholic preparations. In alcoholic fermentation, cane sugar or glucose is the fermenting materials. Therefore, any natural product which contains these sugars or can be easily converted into them is a potential source of ethyl alcohol. The raw materials from the manufacture of alcohol are

a)substances containing fermentable sugars such as cane juice, beets, dates, molasses and fruits juices.

b)substances containing starch such as potatoes, rice, barley and maize.

Molasses is the cheapest source of sucrose and it forms an excellent raw material for making ethyl alcohol. Prior to world war II, the fermentation of molasses accounted for about 75% of total world production of ethyl alcohol but today hardly 10% ethyl alcohol is produced by this method (90% ethyl alcohol is produced from ethylene, i.e, synthetic method). In India, molasses is still the main source of ethyl alcohol.

The process of fermentation is the slow decomposition of complex organic compounds into simpler substances through the agency of complex nitrogenous compounds called Enzymes produced in living organisms.

Fermentation of carbohydrate given 95% alcohol and the rest 5% being water. This alcohol is called rectified spirit.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Why cold condition is maintained while preparing benzenediazonium chloride from aniline?
In cold solution the nitrogen gas gets off and furst pre-oproduct formed is some oily type product called oily droplets of iodobenzene.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Benzene diazonium chloride decomposes very fast so to minimize its decomposition reaction is taken out at low temperature
Amay chugh one month ago
why does not found in carbon carbon between tetra bond
Due to hiogh repulsion force between the elctrons – electrons and the bonding would too become fragile and tto weak enough to be categorized as unstable as 8 electrons to bond with same...
2017 years ago
I want answer for NaO-COO-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2-COO-O-Na gives rise to on excess soda lime by decarboxylation
First use the NaOH and heat it with together soda lime. that is CaO. OH- attacks on the -COOH and -COO- group and form R-COOOH— ion.
2017 years ago
Liquation of which gaseous substance will arise as a result of momentum imbalance in electronic distribution? (1) Ammonia (g) (2) Carbon dioxide (g) (3) Na+(g) Cl–(g) (4) Xenon (gas)
But bro! the answer is not that.... Answer given is Xe...and I feel the question is taking about London dispersive forces, hence the answer may be Xe...
Giri sripathi 25 days ago
(3) option. Na+ (g) Cl- (g) as only this compounnd is inic in nature. Rest are covalent ones like NH3 , Xe(g) and CO2.
Vikas TU 25 days ago
arrange the following in decreasing order of their bond length H 2 O, NH 3 ,H 2 S
both answers have confused me further as both are opposite to each other,can u recheck each others theory and let me know.thanks
rajiv 16 days ago
The length of the bond is determined by the number of bonded electrons (the bond order). The higher the bond order, the stronger the pull between the two atoms and the shorter the bond...
Sagar Gupta 16 days ago
@ rajiv the decreasing order will be H20 > h2s > nh3 as the bond angle of h2s is smaller than that of h20 . and in case of h20 its 104 degree nearly and for ammonia is 101 degree nearly ....
Umakant biswal 16 days ago
If equal solutions of 0.1M KMnO4 and 0.1M K2Cr2O7 solutions are allowed to oxidize Fe(2+) to Fe (3+) in acidic medium, then Fe2+ Will be: a) more by KMnO4 b)more by K2Cr2O7 c)equal in both...
From MnO4- MnO4- + Fe2+ ----> Fe3+ + Mn2+ n1 * 5 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*5 = n2 n2 = 0.5V From K2Cr2O7, Cr2O7^2- + Fe2+ --------> Fe3+ + Cr3+ n0 * 4 = n2 * 1 (0.1V)*4 = n2 n2 =0.4V Comparing both...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

  • Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details