FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

Criteria of purity of organic compounds

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

After purification, the test of purity of an organic compound is the nest important step. A pure organic compound possesses characteristic physical properties such as refractive index, specific gravity, boiling point, crystalline structure and melting point. If a purified sample shows the same properties that the pure substance is known to possess, it may be considered as pure and no further purification is required. However for practical purpose in laboratory only melting point and boiling point are used as criteria for purity.

A pure organic solid has a definite and sharp (sudden, rapid and complete) melting point, while an impure substance has a lower and indefinite melting point.

The melting point of a solid may be defined as the temperature at which the solid and liquid states of the compound are in equilibrium with each other at an external pressure of l atmosphere.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

WHAT SI CARBON FORMS

Carbon forms :Diamond,Graphite,Fullerence,Charcol,Carbon nanotubes

GANESH BABU 8 days ago

Carbon forms :Diamond,Graphite,Fullerence,Charcol,Carbon nanotubes

RAKESH CHINDAM 8 days ago
how to decide the directing nature of a group in a benzene ring or do i have to learn them all.?? please provide me with the list if i have to learn them.

You’ll have to learn them. No other way. Applying any other trick wouldn’t be a sure shot way. It’s better to learn it up. Practice lots of question and it’ll get embedded in your mind....

Neeti one month ago

Generally for Benzene ring substituents or functional groups. resonance is more dominant hence that’s the list i’ve mentioned. If you have any other doubt, feel free to ask :)

Neeti one month ago
Ra­dium atomic number

Ra­dium atomic number 88

RAKESH CHINDAM 2 days ago

thanq sir

KUNCHAM SAMPATH 2 days ago

thank you sir

GANESH BABU 2 days ago
best theory book for physical chemistry

I had used op tandon and it was pretty useful, sometimes the theory given is a particular book is not explained well but is properly given in some other book so you’ll most probably have to ...

Neeti one month ago

O.P tandon again. I didn’t need extra books for organic chemistry because my coaching tutors were very generous with notes, but i think O.P Tandon is pretty good.

Neeti one month ago

No problem :) you can even post doubts and questions, if you have any. i’d be more than happy to help :)

Neeti one month ago
where is nitrogen and oxygen family

Oxygen Family About the Group Group 16 is the oxygen family. It consists of the elements oxygen, sulfur, selenium, tellurium, and polonium. Each has six of the desired eight electrons...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya one month ago

Nitrogen family is basically 15 th group in modern periodic table, 15 th group consists of following elements, they are also referred to as pnicogens(poison) nitrogen(N), phosphorus(P),...

Prateek Mittal 26 days ago

nitrogen family PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is use full for you so please just click on approve button ...and if you have any other question or dought keep asking

what are chemical bonds please explain in detail that why the form please ,,,,,

Chemical compounds are formed by the joining of two or more atoms. A stable compound occurs when the total energy of the combination has lower energy than the separated atoms. The bound...

A chemical bond is an attraction between atoms that allows the formation of chemical substances that contain two or more atoms. The bond is caused by the electrostatic force of attraction...

Aditya Raj yesterday
View all Questions »
More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details