There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Criteria of purity of organic compounds

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

After purification, the test of purity of an organic compound is the nest important step. A pure organic compound possesses characteristic physical properties such as refractive index, specific gravity, boiling point, crystalline structure and melting point. If a purified sample shows the same properties that the pure substance is known to possess, it may be considered as pure and no further purification is required. However for practical purpose in laboratory only melting point and boiling point are used as criteria for purity.

A pure organic solid has a definite and sharp (sudden, rapid and complete) melting point, while an impure substance has a lower and indefinite melting point.

The melting point of a solid may be defined as the temperature at which the solid and liquid states of the compound are in equilibrium with each other at an external pressure of l atmosphere.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how do i prepare for organic chemistry!???????? im studyin in 12th grade.

organic chemistry is very important topic and u have to make it ur strength first of all complete the whole ncert , if u will confident then start with ms chauhan and himanshu pandey(more...

2015 years ago

Please first do theory but also make sure you solve lots of questions and revise regularly

7 hours ago
1 why do we write MG2+O2=MGO AS 2MG+O2 =MGO 2 ACTIVITY 1.3 PG 2 WHY ZN DOES NOT HAVE VALENCY 2 IT IS WRITTEN AS ZN+H2SO4=ZNSO4+H2 3 PLEASE GIVE ME THE UNBALANCED OR THE SIMPLEST FORM FOR...

1)To balanve the reaction we write2MG+O2 =2MGO. 3)Respiration is much more than just breathing; in fact, the term refers to two separate processes, only one of which is the intake and...
  img
Charchit Tailong 22 days ago

thanku sir

Jessica James 17 days ago
describe the concepts of isotopes please fast

Isotopes Before we leave the subject of atomic structure and the periodic table, we need to examine one other observation: the existence of atoms of the same element that have different...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 8 days ago

thanx to help me

parth bhail 8 days ago
how to calculate equvilent mass ? for negative valency and give examples

hey when valency is negative then u have to add it and when valency is positive u have to subtract it

rutvik 15 days ago

hey when valency is negative then u have to add it and when valency is positive u have to subtract it

rutvik 15 days ago
PbI 4 does not exist because

The Iodide reduces the lead to Pb(II) and the Pb oxidizes the Iodide to Iodine (I2). Since iodide is not a strong enough reducing agent to reduce Pb(II) to Pb, the ionic compoundPbI2 is...
  img
Komal 2 months ago

bigger size of iodine cause of the reducing nature of the iodine thus it would reduce lead to form the compound PbI2

grenade 2 months ago
best book for physical chemistry

CENGAGE SERIES ARE BEST EVER FOR VERY GOOL LEVEL AND ANOTHER BOOKS Physical Chemistry S.No Authors /Publisher Name of Books 1 O.P. Tandon Physical Chemistry 2 P.Bahadur(G.R.Bathla & Sons)...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 10 days ago

PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is use full for you so please just click on approve button ...and if you have any other question or dought keep asking

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 10 days ago

N.AVASTI for physical chemistry(numericals).

akash 8 days ago
View all Questions »