m facing problem in understanding organic chem. how can i prepare it for board n for iit?????????

m facing problem in understanding organic chem. how can i prepare it for board n for iit?????????

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R
47 Points
14 years ago
Dear Student, This is a normal problem in 12th class when students try to solve organic chemistry by many books. First of all, study only one book for organic chemistry and not bulky book. Because every book introduce some reaction/reagent in different chapter. and if you will read that , you will confuse. So For board point of view, just focus on the reaction which are given in NCERT book and study only that's reaction mechanism. Do not try read all reaction. try to your study limit to Board syllabus only. You can use other organic book only as references. For IIT-JEE , the syllabus are given in IITJEE prospectus but most of the books are not only IITJEE but for all entrance examination. So prepare only for IITJEE, and study in details which is given in prospectus. You can buy TMH organic chemistry which is according to IIT-JEE syllabus. for reference point of you , i will suggest you to buy "Reactions and reagent of chemistry by Syanyal" and the cost will be around 100 Rs. One more thing, There are no. of reactions in chemistry , So do not try to study all reactions , like mechanism of SeO2 reagent from "Reactions and reagent of chemistry by Syanyal" book. With regards Pramod - IITR alumni

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free