There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

What is stereochemistry?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

In Sn1 reaction, the rate determining step proceeds through the formation of carbocation and carbocation is sp2 hybridized with planar structure. As the carbocation is planar, the nucleophite can attack from both sides. It means we will be getting both the products with the same and the opposite configurations and hence racemisation will occur. ut it is very difficult to predict 100% rasemisation and the products formed amy not be in equal amount.

The relative proportions of the two are generally depends on

• The structure of the halide, in particular the relative stability of the carbocation to which it can give rise

• The solvent in particular on its ability as a nucleophile

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Sir please explain what are lukars reagent and it reaction with different degree of alcohol????????
Hi ! Rama , LUCAR REAGENT (LR ) is a mixture of Zinc chloride (ZnCL 2 ) and concentrated Hydrochloric acid (Hcl).It is used to chemically distinguish different degree of alcohol. (i)When it ...
raju 2 months ago
Hi ! D.raman , It is a mixture of anhydrous ZnCl 2 and conc. Hcl. It’s reaction with different degree of alcohol -: 1 0 Alcohol-It get soluble in it. 2 0 Alcohol-Turbidity within 5 minutes. ...
nath 2 months ago
what happen in gas convert into liquid when we compress
@ kuldeep i am not getting your query , kindly be specific , when we will compress the gas , then the particles that are there in the gas will come closer with each other and we can...
Umakant biswal one month ago
How to remember all the reactions and the reagents and catalysts simultaneously?
@ vamshi practice is the only thing that can save you in organic chemistry , frst of all when u are reading from ncert , underline all reagents and reactions as well as the catalyst...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is electric arc..?? Difference b/w nascent and atomic hydrogen..??
@ simran the nascent and the atomic hydrogen both are actually same , usually hydrogen exist as a diatomic molecule , bonded by covalent bond , hydrogen obtained by disolution of this bond...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
While welding or solderring the fluid or plasma which gets dicharges when the two elctrodes or metals are higly brought together. The gases b/e them gets ionised and are thus visible.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake one month ago
what are the total formulaes of atomic structure in bohr atumicc model
@ harshith your query are not clear , i guess u want to know about the formula related to the bohrs model of atom , if i am correct then below are the explanation and i am enlisting all the ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
mvr=nh/2pi Kq 1 q 2 /r 2 =mv 2 /r Energy of electron=-13.6*Z 2 /n 2 eV Radius=0.529*n 2 /z A Velocity of electron=2.18*10 6 Z/n Rvolutions per sec =v/2r(pi) Time for one revolution=2r(pi)/v ...
Mudit 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn