Rohit Gandhi Sir, I read in one of your posts that you had used the book "Organic Chemistry" by L. G. Wade, Jr. and you described it as a wonderful boom for theory and conceptual understanding. However, did you use it along with the SOLUTIONS MANUAL? Is it necessary? I found some wonderful subjective problems in that book and hence I feel that the book is incomplete without the solutions manual. What do you think? I feel the solutions manual is necessary to check the solutions, as the aswers already given are incomplete. If you have the e-book of the SOLUTIONS MANUAL, then please give me the link to download it.

Rohit Gandhi Sir, I read in one of your posts that you had used the book "Organic Chemistry" by L. G. Wade, Jr. and you described it as a wonderful boom for theory and conceptual understanding. However, did you use it along with the SOLUTIONS MANUAL? Is it necessary? I found some wonderful subjective problems in that book and hence I feel that the book is incomplete without the solutions manual. What do you think? I feel the solutions manual is necessary to check the solutions, as the aswers already given are incomplete. If you have the e-book of the SOLUTIONS MANUAL, then please give me the link to download it.

Grade:12

3 Answers

Srikant Mahapatra
18 Points
14 years ago

Also Sir, are the problems of L G Wade, Jr. worth solving? Which book did you use for solving problems?

Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear Srikant,

I did not use the solution manual, most of the sums i solved by myself or clarified the unsolved problems with my organic chemistry teacher. However, I too think that, it would be great if there was a solution manual. I will try to search for it and will send you the file.

Regards,

Askiitians Experts
Rohith Gandhi

Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear Srikant,

During my time, I cleared my concepts by doing all the basic questions in wade jr. Then I followed the work sheets given to us in our coaching institute. and I did some of the problems from RK gupta. I actually never kept a separate book for just solving problems.

but as far as wade jr is concerned, you can do problems in it to just get your basics clear.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Srikant !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts
Rohtih Gandhi, IIT Kgp

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free