Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Plz give important feature of inductive effect

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Important feature of Inductive Effect:

(i) It is a permanent effect in the molecule or ion.

(ii) The shared pair of electrons although permanently shifted towards more electronegative atom, yet remains in the same valence shell.

(iii) As a result of electron shifting, the more electronegative and acquires partial negative charge and the other acquires positive charge.

(iv) The inductive effect is not confined to the polarization of one bond but is transmitted along a chain of carbon atoms.

(v) Inductive effect brings changes in physical properties such as dipole moment , solubility etc.

(vi) Carbon hydrogen bond is taken as a standard of inductive effect. Zero effect is assumed for this bond.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

In EAS reaction of toulene with NO2, will the mesomeric and inductive effect of the nitro group be dominating over the o/p directing effect of methyl group? If yes, then is o-nitro toulene...
This is nitration therfore the attack would be at ortho position of benzene that is adjacent to the -ch3 group. This is the rule u need to follow in EAS. and hence ortho would be more...
Vikas TU one month ago
How do we find the bond order in a compound.......?
1- Draw the Lewis structure. 2-count the total no of bond . 3-count the no of bond group between individual atom . 4-divide the no of bond between atoms by a total no of bond group in the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
you have already familiar with text books of intermediate. take reference from that text book .use this oppurtunity for only asking critical questions. It makes you perfect in writing JEE...
cris gayle one month ago
How I remember organic reactions in organic chemistry and also how I understand mechanism of any type of reactions in organic chemistry?????????
Donot stress on learning them try to understand their concepts and mechanisms of those reactions. Understand nucleophillic and electrophillic attacks deeply and leaving group leaving...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
@ manish i am giving some tips on how to remember such things 1- frst of all make a list of organic name reaction that are there in you book , u can take the help of sudy material as well...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Electronic configuration of inner transition element is
@ prabin inner transition element are the f block element placed below the periodic table , but they belongs to group 6 and 7 within the transition series . the electronic configuration of...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
What about order of strength of overlapping in 1s-1s, 2s-2s, 2s-2p, 2p-2p and 1s-2p??
Thank you sir but Directional bonds are more strong right?? I read in some book ,in that order is given as 1s-1s (because of size)> 2p-2p>2s-2p>2s-2s. I have a doubt so i asked here
Subramanya one month ago
@ subramanya the order of strength of overlapping is 1s-1s > 2s-2s > 1s-2p > 2s-2p > 2p-2p .. HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT ALL THE BEST ..
Umakant biswal one month ago
calculate the morecular formula of a hydracarbon which contains 85.7percent of carbo and has molecular mass 84 grams
Let the hydrocarbon be CxHy. then given, 12x + y = 84....................(1) and 12x/84 x 100 = 85.7 on solving, x = 5.99 = 6 (approx.) Put x in eqn. (1) we get, y = 12 Hence the...
Vikas TU 23 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn