Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

a SN2 rean. at an symmetric carbon of a compnd always gives:1)enantiomer of substrate 2)product with opp. optical rotation 3)mix. of diasteromers 4)single steroisomer. plz explain concept of sterochem.including optical rotation,fischer projections,newmann structures etc.  it was not available in your study material.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

The SN2 reaction is a single-step displacement of a leaving group by a nucleophile. During the transition state, the bond to the nucleophile forms at the same time that the bond to the leaving group breaks. Therefore the nucleophile is required to approach from the back, and configuration at carbon is inverted.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

What will be decreasing order of stability of carbocation CF3-CH2+CF3+(Cl)3-C-CH2+C(Cl)3+
The coumpounds CF3-CH2+CF3+(Cl)3-C-CH2+C(Cl)3+ are not distinguishable. please post it again and pls provide some gap be/w them.
Vikas TU one month ago
Why Oxygen is more soluble in flouroCarbon as compare to water??
In flurocarbon fluorine being most electronegative atom attracts the oxygen atom towards it and tries to dissociate with it to increase the solubility and in H2O the Oxugen atom itself...
Vikas TU 18 days ago
Urea is stronger base than ordinary amide?according to lewis theory
amide are weak base due to the resonance of the amide group . in acetamide , the lone pair nitrogen are not avaliable for bonding , with h ^+ . however in urea , the lone pair of second nh2 ...
2017 years ago
The reason is: As the lone pair in Urea is freely available and thus not participates in any Resonance. But in any ordinary amide the lone pair is conjugated with the resoace and hence...
-1 hours ago
Current 10 amp passed througj cuso4 for 32min 10 sec.if 896ml oxy liberated at stp calculate efficiency of cell
from faraday’s law, moles x valence factor = i*t/F moles = i*t/F*n = 10*1930/2*96485 = 0.100 approx. Moles given at STP = 0.896/22.4 = 0.04 efficiency = (0.1-0.04)/0.1 * 100 => 60%
Vikas TU 29 days ago
Nmm thanks buddy.a small mistake valency factor n=4.because 2h2o gives o2 + 4h^+ +4eso the moles=.05 nd the answer is 80%
Pulkit Khandelwal 29 days ago
What is atom!??????And please understand me that what is the Bohr model?????
@ rahul atom is the smallest part of matter which can take part in a chemical reaction , features of bohr model 1- bohr actually redefined the rutherford model , and just add a term known...
Umakant biswal 11 days ago
Me3N is pyramidal but(SiH3)3N is planar. Explain Why?
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding..Hence SP3 hybridised “N” so ,pyramidal.While vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant ‘d’)hence SP 2...
Pranav Dabhade 13 days ago
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding .Hence SP 3 hybridised “N” so pyramidal.Whilehybridised “N” hence planer. 2 vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant...
Pranav Dabhade 13 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn