ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

3,5 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid OR 2,6 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid ..

Which one is more acidic and also the reason ..

Please help me out 

3 years ago

Answers : (5)

3,5 dimethyl 4ammino benzoic acid is more acidic as Positive inductive groups r present far away to the COOH gourp resulting in more acidities than 3,6 dimethyl benzoic acid.

3 years ago

What about Steric hindrance of resonance taking place due to bulky groups and all ?

3 years ago

2,6 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid  is more acidic .       

due to ortho effect it is more acidic.

ortho effect means:if any group present on ortho position of benzoic acid it always increases acidic nature of acid because this group decreases outer resonance of ring towards acid which increases acidic nature for example orthonitrobenzoic acid is most acidic in any nitro derivative of benzoic acid.orthomethyl benzoic acid is maximum acidic than other isomers.similarly if any group present on ortho position of aniline it decreases basic nature.

3 years ago

Sorry,  just missed the Ortho effect (Steric Inhibition of Resonace). The ortho substitutued for is more acidic irrecpective of the inductive effect it produces. 2,6 dimethyl 4-ammino benzoic acid is more acidic.

3 years ago

Thank you , are you certain of the answer ?

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what sre ‘non resolvable’ isomers

Interconversion is the characteristic of nearly every set of conformational isomers which are also stereoisomers as they also differ in the way their atoms are orientated in space.But in...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

they are simply meso compound

daksh 5 months ago

they are simply meso compound

daksh 5 months ago
I have purchased the book for organic chemistry by ms chouhan, solomon, fryhle. So my question to you was that whether it is a good book for understanding organic chemistry or not or should...

both the books are enough for understanding organic chemistry. You can use MS chauhan for solving questions and solomon fryhle for theory. No other book is really...
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago

Thank you

Utkarsh 6 months ago
Sir, Is there any positively charged nucleophile....

Nucleophile is an species which can either be negative charge or electrically neutral.But in both cases it should carry electron to share i.e acting as an Lewis base.For ex- 1. Neutral...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

Dear student as in the above answer it is explained that nucleophile is an species which is either neutral or negative charge so it means that nucleophiles are not the positive charge...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

ya but can you give me an example for positively charged nucleophile...

Bhubesh 7 months ago
pH of 10 power -9M HCl is approx.? ( not getting correct ans.)

Here H+ obtained by only HCl is =10 -9 M As we also know that the H+ obtained by dissociation of water=10 -7 M So here we can see thaty the H+ released by water is more that the dissociation...
  img
Naveen Kumar 6 months ago

thanku sir.

Shriya Mehrotra 6 months ago
how make easy to learn physical chemistry

Physical chemistry is mostly thermodynamics and quantum mechanics, so, yeah, lots of equations and math. Not necessarily easier, but definitely a different style of chemistry than O-chem....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 3 months ago

if you try to understand the apllications of Physical Chemsiry in real world, you will like the subject and you wiil enjoy with the topics of physical chemsitry. for example: Osmosis,...

suresh 2 months ago

physical chemistry is much easy if are thorugh with formulae just like math

SAITEJA GOUD 9 days ago
Why Eu ropium shows a sudden increase in atomic radius. (At. Radius of Sm = 180pm , Eu = 199pm and Gd = 180 pm)?

Actually there is confusion in you.The atomic radius which I found was all the same for the three element as 180 pm. Lets see,there is a decrease in atomic radius There is a decrease in the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

@Sunil Kumar FP Go to this link and check Table 8.9 on pg.229 ncertbooks.prashanthellina.com/class_12.Chemistry.ChemistryI/8.pdf

Shibashis Mallik 7 months ago
View all Questions »