ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

3,5 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid OR 2,6 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid ..

Which one is more acidic and also the reason ..

Please help me out 

3 years ago

Answers : (5)

3,5 dimethyl 4ammino benzoic acid is more acidic as Positive inductive groups r present far away to the COOH gourp resulting in more acidities than 3,6 dimethyl benzoic acid.

3 years ago

What about Steric hindrance of resonance taking place due to bulky groups and all ?

3 years ago

2,6 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid  is more acidic .       

due to ortho effect it is more acidic.

ortho effect means:if any group present on ortho position of benzoic acid it always increases acidic nature of acid because this group decreases outer resonance of ring towards acid which increases acidic nature for example orthonitrobenzoic acid is most acidic in any nitro derivative of benzoic acid.orthomethyl benzoic acid is maximum acidic than other isomers.similarly if any group present on ortho position of aniline it decreases basic nature.

3 years ago

Sorry,  just missed the Ortho effect (Steric Inhibition of Resonace). The ortho substitutued for is more acidic irrecpective of the inductive effect it produces. 2,6 dimethyl 4-ammino benzoic acid is more acidic.

3 years ago

Thank you , are you certain of the answer ?

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how to prepare for organic tests effectively!!?? pls suggest a method

Organic compounds unlike the inorganic ones cannot be identifeid by testing the ions as they do not give ions in the solution because of having colvalent linkages in them.Organic compounds...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago
what should i refer ,o p tandon or ranjeet shahi ?,if i need theory as well as ques at the same time

If you need theory then follow o.p.tandon or if you want to questions then follow ranjeet shahi. But it is better to follow o p tandon for both theory as well as questions....
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago

thank you sir

sunath khadikar 6 months ago
Ph(CH2)(CH=CH2) + HBr = ?

First carbocation will e formed and then it will rearrange after rearrangement product Ph – CHBr – CH2 – CH3 will be formed. plz approve!

vikas yadav 3 months ago

(Ph)CH2-CHBrCH2-CH3

narenchemistry 3 months ago
Q . FOR THE REACTION :- CaCO 3 (s) ------------ ------------> CaO (s) + CO 2 (g), K p = 1.16 atm AT 800 0 C . IF 20.0 g OF CaCO 3 WERE KEPT IN A 10 L CONTAINER AND HEATED UP TO 800 0 C ,...

sorry for that,i did one mistake here,Kp=Kc(RT)^delta n here delta n=1 therefore,Kc=Kp/RT =1.16/.0821*1073 =.01318 Let the degree of dissociation be d .01318=.02 d unreated =.02-.01318...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago

we have Kp=(CO2) mole of CaCO3 =weight of calcium carbonate/molcular weight =20/100 =.2mole In terms of molarity =.2/10 =.02 molar now let the degree of dissociation be d concentration of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago

sir but the answer is 34%

bharat makkar 5 months ago
Can you explain slaters rules? Explain abount equation Effective nuclear charge = Nuclear charge – Screening constant? How to use it and exam poain of view.

In quantum chemistry, Slater's rules provide numerical values for the effective nuclear charge concept. In a many-electron atom, each electron is said to experience less than the actual...
  img
Ramreddy 5 months ago

If the group is of the [d] or [f], type, an amount of 1.00 for each electron "closer" to the atom than the group. This includes i) electrons with a smaller principal quantum number n and ii)...

Vineeth 5 months ago
the enthalphy of neutralisaation of amoniumhydroxide with HCLis -51.46 kj/mol.calculate the enthalphy of ionisation of amoniumhydroxide.assume that the enthalphy of neutralisation of strong...

enthalphy of ionisation of amoniumhydroxide = enthalphy of neutralisation of strong acid with a strong base - the enthalphy of neutralisaation = -5.89 kj/mol
  img
Harishwar one month ago
View all Questions »