Use Coupon: CART40 and get 40% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

3,5 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid OR 2,6 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid ..

Which one is more acidic and also the reason ..

Please help me out 

3 years ago

Answers : (5)

3,5 dimethyl 4ammino benzoic acid is more acidic as Positive inductive groups r present far away to the COOH gourp resulting in more acidities than 3,6 dimethyl benzoic acid.

3 years ago

What about Steric hindrance of resonance taking place due to bulky groups and all ?

3 years ago

2,6 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid  is more acidic .       

due to ortho effect it is more acidic.

ortho effect means:if any group present on ortho position of benzoic acid it always increases acidic nature of acid because this group decreases outer resonance of ring towards acid which increases acidic nature for example orthonitrobenzoic acid is most acidic in any nitro derivative of benzoic acid.orthomethyl benzoic acid is maximum acidic than other isomers.similarly if any group present on ortho position of aniline it decreases basic nature.

3 years ago

Sorry,  just missed the Ortho effect (Steric Inhibition of Resonace). The ortho substitutued for is more acidic irrecpective of the inductive effect it produces. 2,6 dimethyl 4-ammino benzoic acid is more acidic.

3 years ago

Thank you , are you certain of the answer ?

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Can you please suggest one or two nice books for preparation for jee advanced and mains. I have to be perfect with organic chemistry. Please suggest me one nice book which is student...
@ Srinija Organic chemistry is one of branch which students doesnot like due to its complexity of remembering huge reactions , so, if u want a good book for preparation for organic i will...
Umakant biswal 9 days ago
the best book for organic chemistry is pradeeps publications new course chemistry it is one of most comprehensive book available in the market …..........about 90% of the mains and advanced ...
Himanshu 11 days ago
well you should go for K,s verma with l g wade. start with lg wade ( prefer topics within syllabus) and then ks verma .
sourav nayak 7 days ago
what is catination
chain forming capacity of carbon atom is called catanition
pa1 2 months ago
The ability of an element to form long chains with identical atoms of same element is called catenation . carbon has highest catenation power . Lead does not show any catenation . plz...
sri tanish 2 months ago
the capacity to form long chain compound with same element atoms are different element atoms is known as catenation carbon has more catenation capacity
kalyan 2 months ago
what is the crystals
a piece of a homogeneous solid substance having a natural geometrically regular form with symmetrically arranged plane faces. "a quartz crystal" highly transparent glass with a high...
venky 2 months ago
a crystal is a regular and repeating arrangement of atoms in a very fixed manner that are fixed essentialy in a place but can vibrate very sllightly. these substancesalso have sharp...
A M S ARUN KRISHNA 3 months ago
a piece of a homogeneous solid substance having a natural geometrically regular form with symmetrically arranged plane faces.
KARTHIK 2 months ago
pavan kalyan is a yerripappa in a.p
RAJESH 2 months ago
PAVAN KALYAN is a actor
RAKESH CHINDAM 2 months ago
Which is best book for JEE MAIN & ADVANCED physical chemistry?
Organic-- Morrison and Boyd Inorganic – JD Lee Physical – O P Tandon
Saurabh Kumar 3 months ago
I want to know the differences between the books Physical chemistry bu P Bahadur and Numerical chemistry by P Bahadur .Then which is the best book for studying base of physical chemistry?
Albin Jijo 3 months ago
I a
Albin Jijo 3 months ago
quicklime formula?
cao(calcium oxide)
pralay 2 months ago
SHANMUKESHWAR 2 months ago
R.GANGARAJU 2 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts