3,5 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid OR 2,6 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid ..

Which one is more acidic and also the reason ..

Please help me out 

2 years ago

Answers : (5)

3,5 dimethyl 4ammino benzoic acid is more acidic as Positive inductive groups r present far away to the COOH gourp resulting in more acidities than 3,6 dimethyl benzoic acid.

2 years ago

What about Steric hindrance of resonance taking place due to bulky groups and all ?

2 years ago

2,6 - dimethyl 4-amino Benzoic acid  is more acidic .       

due to ortho effect it is more acidic.

ortho effect means:if any group present on ortho position of benzoic acid it always increases acidic nature of acid because this group decreases outer resonance of ring towards acid which increases acidic nature for example orthonitrobenzoic acid is most acidic in any nitro derivative of benzoic acid.orthomethyl benzoic acid is maximum acidic than other isomers.similarly if any group present on ortho position of aniline it decreases basic nature.

2 years ago

Sorry,  just missed the Ortho effect (Steric Inhibition of Resonace). The ortho substitutued for is more acidic irrecpective of the inductive effect it produces. 2,6 dimethyl 4-ammino benzoic acid is more acidic.

2 years ago

Thank you , are you certain of the answer ?

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I have a class test tommorow on biomolecules.I have only 2-3 hours to study is it enough and what are the topics I should concentrate on. Please reply urgently!!

Study about starch, cellulose linkages, glucose structure, its properties, different tests for glucose classification of amino acids, structure of amino acids, fructose structure , DNA and...
  img
Harishwar 7 days ago
is sbh3 boiling point higher than nh3

Ammonia (NH3) has a higher boiling point than stibine (SbH3) since ammonia can form weak hydrogen bonds. Hydrogen bonding explains why water, a very small molecule, can have a boiling point...

Shivam one month ago
What are its effects on temperature, effect on inert gases, effect on pressure ,etc?

inert gas are basically having fully filled orbital.so they are highly unreactive and there is small effect. i thinh you are asking equilibrium question. lee chatlers principle effect of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
what volume of concentrated HCL that is 36% HCL by mass and has dens ity of 1.18 g/cm3 is required yo produce 8.25L of a solution with pH of 1.77

ph=1.77 -log[H+]=1.77 [H+]=.588M mole of HCl=.588*8.25=.485mole let the volume of Hcl be V now .36*V*1.18=.485 V=1.14L
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
Which book is good for detailed theory part in physical chemistry.

for detailed theory part in physical chemistry you can go for optandon.Its agood book having detailed explaination with lots of numerical.Above all read NCERT must it is necessary.The...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 21 days ago
View all Questions »