the reaction of ROH with HI in presence of Red P, give the products RI and RH........

How???

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hi experts could you notify me on the BITSAT 2015 announcement and also suggest me which book to refer for organic chemistry – OP Tandon or RS Agarwal.

Important Notifications for BITSAT! BITSAT date of Examination - 14th May to 1st June 2014 BITSAT 2014 Notification released. Online application has begun. To apply online for BITSAT go to...
  img
Harishwar 14 days ago

Thanks for the reply. Again confused. Are you replying about 2014 announcement?

Vishuwaesh 14 days ago
In cannizaro reaction, after the heterolytic cleavage of the pi bond due to the attack of the OH - ion at the carbonyl carbon, the pi bond is reformed and a H- ion leaves. Why is it more...

http://www.askiitians.com/revision-notes/chemistry/aldehydeketone-and-carboxylic-acid/ . Please go through this...
  img
Harishwar 14 days ago

I found out the answer. The OH- attacks the electrophillic carbonyl carbon and the pi bond of the carbonyl oxygen is broken and the electron moves to the oxygen. Since the medium is basic in...

Amogh 14 days ago
what should i refer ,o p tandon or ranjeet shahi ?,if i need theory as well as ques at the same time

If you need theory then follow o.p.tandon or if you want to questions then follow ranjeet shahi. But it is better to follow o p tandon for both theory as well as questions....
  img
Ramreddy one month ago

thank you sir

sunath khadikar one month ago
​Q. ARRANGE THE FOLLOWING IN INCREASING ORDER OF PROPERTIES AS INDICATED IN BRACKET AGAINST- HClO 3 , HClO 4 , HClO 2 , HClO ( INCREASING ACIDIC STRENGTH) H 2 O , OH - , CH 3 OH , CH 3 O - (...

INCREASING ACIDIC STRENGTH-HCLO<HCLO2<HCLO3<HCLO4(as the number of oxygen increases the acidic character increaese) INCREASING BASICITY – H20<CH3OH<OH-<CH3O-(more...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
I need help! I have an important test scheduled for Monday and I have to study Double , Back and Redox Titration. I have O.P Tandon Physical Chemistry but I fail to understand the concept...

I think this would help you Double titration means two titrations are done in a process. In this process: The first titration is done to standardize the titrant (usually taken in burette)....
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
What is peroxide linkage

Hii Peroxide is a Chemical Compound; which is created by two oxygen atoms bonding together, by a single bond. Hydrogen Peroxide is most commonly thought of when a person hears peroxide....
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago

Hii Peroxide is a Chemical Compound; which is created by two oxygen atoms bonding together, by a single bond. Hydrogen Peroxide is most commonly thought of when a person hears peroxide....
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago
View all Questions »