Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

Explain what are polymers????

And also some of their applications !!!!!

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Polymers are substances containing a large number of structural units joined by the same type of linkage.These substances often form into a chain-like structure. Polymers in the natural world have been around since the beginning of time. Starch, cellulose, and rubber all possess polymeric properties.

Polymers already have a range of applications that far exceeds that of any other class of material available to man. Current applications extend from adhesives, coatings, foams, and packaging materials to textile and industrial fibers, composites, electronic devices, biomedical devices, optical devices, and precursors for many newly developed high-tech ceramics.

Applications of Polymers:

#    Polymeric materials are used in and on soil to improve aeration, provide mulch, and promote plant growth and health.

#    Many biomaterials, especially heart valve replacements and blood vessels, are made of polymers like Dacron, Teflon and polyurethane.

#    Plastic containers of all shapes and sizes are light weight and economically less expensive than the more traditional containers. Clothing, floor coverings, garbage disposal bags, and packaging are other polymer applications.

#  Automobile parts, windshields for fighter planes, pipes, tanks, packing materials, insulation, wood substitutes, adhesives, matrix for composites, and elastomers are all polymer applications used in the industrial market.

#    Playground equipment, various balls, golf clubs, swimming pools, and protective helmets are often produced from polymers.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Why CCl3- anion is more stable than C6H5CH2-? I think the only possibility is by comparing the -I effect of Cl and Phenyl group. Generally we can see the possibility of negative charge...
I believe vacant d orbital option shall come last as in the first place itself we see Phenyl ring has larger possibility of negative charge dispersion. Further as we all may know...
Dattatray Biradar one month ago
the reason is simple. in CCl3- cholrine atoms has vacnat d- orbitals. and that is the reason it make sit more stable.
Vikas TU one month ago
Why cold condition is maintained while preparing benzenediazonium chloride from aniline?
In cold solution the nitrogen gas gets off and furst pre-oproduct formed is some oily type product called oily droplets of iodobenzene.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Benzene diazonium chloride decomposes very fast so to minimize its decomposition reaction is taken out at low temperature
Amay chugh 2 months ago
Is vicinal dihalide more stable than normal than other halides and dihalide?
Yes, i think so as single carbon atom attache with more than one halide is a advantage. it leads as a strong base and could lead to an elimination reaction easily.
Vikas TU one month ago
How to calculate equivalent weight in disproportionate reaction
@ mahima in the case of disproportion reaction u can calculate the equivalent weight by the calculation of n factor . and for finding the n factor , use the following formula 1/N= 1/n1 +...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Molecular orbial is same as hybrid orbital? I mean both are same thing na
Can u plz elaborate it for me. Both the cases orbital are combinining so why r the diiffeten what is basic differebce
Mayank kumar one month ago
@ mayank No , they are not at all same , the hybrid orbitals are formed by hybridisation of various atomic orbital which are close in energy . but molecular orbital are formed due to just...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn