Respected, Membars and Teacher plz explain What is d-d transmision and also f-f transmision? And give the reason why transition elements are colured? Thanks

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Acc to the the crystal feld theory,in the presence of a ligand atom the d subshell splits into two subshells called eg and t2g (g stands fr gerade). When an electron jumps frm eg to t2g  or vice versa it is called d-d transition. Due to this transition, the complexes r able to absorb and emit light light of a certain energies (depending on the CSE), thats why they r coloured compounds 

2 years ago

Transition elements are coloured due to the presence of unpaired electrons in the d orbit.

These unpaired electrons undergo transition within the d orbitals. ie.

When the electron moves from one orbital to another energy is released as em waves in visible spectrum. This movement of electrons occurs as the d orbitals has similar energy.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is an active hydrogen ? how can we calculate the number of active hydrogen in a compound ? ( like if we were to find active hydrogen in 2-Propyne-1-ol )

ACTIVE HYDROGEN is nothing bur a hydrogen atom which is ready to donate electrons .Transfer hydrogenation is the addition of hydrogen (H2; dihydrogen in inorganic and organometallic...

meenakshi boni 3 months ago

reaction of grignard reagent with compound containing active/acidic hydrogen (hydrogen bonded with S,O,N , terminal alkyne)

sizzi 2 months ago

Active Hydrogen is the hydrogen at allylic position which can easily be removed while elimination reactions

Avtansh Gupta 2 months ago
what is electromeric effect

Electromeric effect is a temporary effect, which may be defined as the polarization of pie bond by a nucleophile to form temporary addition compound, which can be regained if the attacking...
  img
Mukesh Sharma 6 months ago

Electromeric Effect This is a temporary effect and takes place between two atoms joined by a multiple bond, i.e., a double or triple bond. It occurs at the requirements of the attacking...

Pushkar Aditya 6 months ago

Electromeric Effect This is a temporary effect and takes place between two atoms joined by a multiple bond, i.e., a double or triple bond. It occurs at the requirements of the attacking...

Amit Sinha 6 months ago
what do u mean by degree of unsaturation?

Unsaturation is “not saturated” which means not an aliphatic bon if you’re talking about the unsaturated bond. It refers to double or triple bond ( please not this only related to only...

Genius one month ago

Edit : *bond in first line O.O

Genius one month ago

i donot know

abhi one month ago
The compound formed in the positive test for nitrogen with the Lassaigne solution of an organic compound is a. Fe base 4[Fe(CN) base 6] base 3 b. Na base 3[Fe(CN) base 6]

When we do the lassaigne test for nitrogen, The following reactions take place: So the Prussian blue color of the solution is due to Ferric ferro cyanide i.e. Option A from the question....
  img
Apoorva Arora one month ago

Hi Actually both are formed but b is reacted with FeCl3 to form a which is prussian blue. Thanks & Regards, Arun Kumar, Btech,IIT Delhi, Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar one month ago
The reaction between H2 and-Br2 to form HBr in the presence of light is initiated by the photon decomposition of Br2 into free bromine atoms (free radicals) by absorption of light The bond...

BOND DISSOCIATION ENTHALPY IS THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF ENERGY REQUIRED TO INITIATE BOND DISSOCIATION. E=hc/l where l is the wavelength of light required. for constant hc; l is inversely...

siddharth gupta 26 days ago

Use de broglie wavelength eqn E=hc/lamda

needhelp 26 days ago
Arrange the following in increasing oxidation number of iodine. I 2 , HI , HIO 4 ,ICI

I2 oxidation number=0 HI=-1 HIO4=+7 ICL=+1 increasing oxidation number=I2,HI,ICL,HIO4 thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian faculty
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago

HI < I 2 < ICI < HIO 4 ; O.N. of I in I­ 2 = 0, HI = - 1, ICI = + 1, HIO 4 = + 7.
  img
Navjyot Kalra one month ago
View all Questions »