ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Respected, Membars and Teacher plz explain What is d-d transmision and also f-f transmision? And give the reason why transition elements are colured? Thanks

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Acc to the the crystal feld theory,in the presence of a ligand atom the d subshell splits into two subshells called eg and t2g (g stands fr gerade). When an electron jumps frm eg to t2g  or vice versa it is called d-d transition. Due to this transition, the complexes r able to absorb and emit light light of a certain energies (depending on the CSE), thats why they r coloured compounds 

3 years ago

Transition elements are coloured due to the presence of unpaired electrons in the d orbit.

These unpaired electrons undergo transition within the d orbitals. ie.

When the electron moves from one orbital to another energy is released as em waves in visible spectrum. This movement of electrons occurs as the d orbitals has similar energy.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What are the products formed when 2-methoxy propane reacts with conc HI

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

In the presence of conc.HI I think (CH3)2CH-OH changes to (CH3)2CH-I. Also since a secondary carbon is present SN 1 mechanism may occur then the products are different(CH3OH and (CH3)2CH-I)....

Himaja 5 months ago
Is op aggarwal better than op tandon for chemistry

O P Tandon is comparitively good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 3 days ago

yes..o p Tandon is better...

Adarsh yesterday
How to convert methanol to ethanol? surajit Chatterjee

firstly methanol convert to methyl alcohol in presence of PI 3 and then to methyl magnesium iodide in presence of mg/ether and then apply grignard reaction

ankit goyal one month ago

CH3-OH + HBr ------> CH3Br + H2O 2CH3Br -------->CH2=CH2(Alc.Koh) treat ethene with h2so4 to give enthanol..

Siddarth Siddu one month ago
can somebody help me solve this please? calculate the number of atoms per squared millimetre surface area for (100) and (110) planes for aluminium having fcc structure and lattice parameter,...

The solution of this problem requires a 3d aspect ( and a bit lengthy too ) You could refer Physical Chemistry by RC Mukherjee for these types of problems .

Drake one month ago

@ ng29, why will you say its out of sylabi,what do you mean?

Chika one month ago

its not in iit syllabuss approve it plz if useful

ng29 one month ago
what is meant by oxox acids and what about metal carbonates and sulphates nitrates

oxoacids are the acids of oxygen .example of such kind of acids are H2CO3,H2SO4,HClO etc METAL CARBONATE metal reacts with carbondioxide of the air to form carbonate.examples are...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago
Is 55 degree celsius considered cold?

The hottest temperature ever recorded in nature was in Death Valley, California. It was on July 10, 1913 and the temperature was 56.7 C (or, in US terms, 134 F). Was there about a month ago...

vikas yadav one month ago

0 is ice 10 is not 20 is nice 30 is hot.

vikas yadav one month ago

yes

britto george one month ago
View all Questions »