Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
As acc. to MOT bonding molecular orbitals are stable than anti bonding molecular orbitals, but i want to know that by what percent does bonding molecular orbital is stable than anti bonding...

It depends upon the no. of electrons in bonding and antibonding orbitals, bonding will tell you the electrons that will help in forming the bond and antibonding will tell you to have the...
  img
Suraj Prasad 7 months ago
What will you name this compound in IUPAC system ? The reason for this question is tht priority rule says that double bond is preffered over triple bond and they are also treated as...

My answer for this question would be 3-(1-Propyne)Hept-1,6-diene The reason for that is, the terminal double bonds are always given priority over the terminal triple bonds. Consider that....

Yash Jain 2 months ago

Hello Yash Jain, actually that’s the confusion. According to rules I know , we select parent chain with most multiple and if it is same for 2 chains , then we choose one which is longest....

Avinash Thakur 2 months ago

Hello Yash Jain, actually that’s the confusion. According to rules I know , we select parent chain with most multiple and if it is same for 2 chains , then we choose one which is longest....

Avinash Thakur 2 months ago
Why Acetaldehyde is more soluble than Formaldehyde in water !

There is no H-bonding in both Acetaldehyde and Formaldehyde. So solubility depends on the vanderwaals forces of attractions which are proportional to molecular weight of compounds. Since MW...
  img
Ramreddy 7 months ago

@ramreddy sir , but then why Propanal is less soluble than Ethanal ? Also, in most of the texts we found that solublitity is inversely prop. to Hydrophobic(Alkyl) Part Conc. …

Navdeep Kumar 7 months ago
for a zero order reaction , K= 1 *10 power -3 mol/lit/sec.If initial conc of the reactant is 1 mol/lit,the conc after 10 min would be.?

For zero order reaction, -d[A]/dt=k* [A] 0 =k, integrating the reaction and putting values of [A] at t=0 and t=10min, we would get the relation, [A] 0 -[A] t =k*t where[A]0= concentration at...
  img
Naveen Kumar 5 months ago

thanks sir.

Shriya Mehrotra 5 months ago
Today, I studied slater's rules for calculating the effective nuclear charge. But, one particular line " The shielding power of the d and f orbital is lesser in comparison to the p and s...

Yes, Slater's rules does not take into account the orbitals for calculation of effective nuclear charge it takes the penultimate and pre penultimate shells for Zeff calculation....
  img
Ramreddy 5 months ago
Can you explain what is Co-ordination isomerism and Co-ordination isomerism clearly.

Coordination isomerism is a form of structural isomerism in which the composition of the complex ion varies. In a coordination isomer the total ratio of ligand to metal remains the same, but...
  img
Suraj Prasad 27 days ago
View all Questions »