can u pls expain Sabatier Senderson Reaction...

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Sebatier Senderson reaction involves hydrogentation of alkenes to alkanes using Pd,Pt or Ni using catalyst. Addition is always Syn as the addition takes place at the metal surface and addtion of hydrogen take only a single face of the alkene .

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
*Can anybody pls tell me the mechanism for this reaction?? #Attachment * also tell me whether picric acid or mentioned product which will be major??? * u can also mention some source where i...

the mechanism for this ketonic product will be the oxidation of OH group to keto group and when it will be passed by water then two keto group will remain and thus you will get this product....
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
sir can i know the rule for naming this compound

3-Ethyl4-propyloctane not much sure about the punctuations

Sankalp Tiwari 17 days ago
Hi experts could you notify me on the BITSAT 2015 announcement and also suggest me which book to refer for organic chemistry – OP Tandon or RS Agarwal.

Important Notifications for BITSAT! BITSAT date of Examination - 14th May to 1st June 2014 BITSAT 2014 Notification released. Online application has begun. To apply online for BITSAT go to...
  img
Harishwar 18 days ago

Thanks for the reply. Again confused. Are you replying about 2014 announcement?

Vishuwaesh 18 days ago
What is the configuration in [MnCl 6 ] - ? Plzz. show the at. orbitals too....

Charge on Mn in the complex = -3 –(-6) = +3 Electronic configuration Mn3+: [Ar] 3d4 4s0 4p0 4d0 Since, Cl- is a weak ligand, it will not cause pairing of 3d electrons in...
  img
Ramreddy yesterday
HOW DO YOU calculate the equivalent mass of KMnO 4 in acidic medium?

KMnO4 has a Molar mass of 158.04 g/mol There are two possibillities: 1. KMnO4 as an oxidizer in acidic media: MnO4- + 8 H+ + 5e- --> Mn2+ + 4H2O (gained 5 electrons from reductant) I.e....
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
the half life for a first order reaction is 25 minutes. calculate the rate constant and apply it ti find the time required for 85% complition of the reaction ?

we have the relation between the half lide and the rate constant as half life t1/2=.693/k k is the rate constant or k=.693/t1/2 =.693/25 min^-1 =2.772*10^-2 min^-1 time required for 25%...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
View all Questions »