DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Which one is more soluble in DIETHYL ETHER - ANHYDROUS AlCl3 or HYDROUS  AlCl3 .? Why?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anhydrous AlCl3 . Its Lewis Acid character is more than hydrated AlCl3 because the lone pair on H2O satisfies the lewis acidity of AlCl3 partially in case of hydrated AlCl3. Therefore, Anhydrous AlCl3 will accept the lone pair from Ether more spontaneously.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Why don’t we write Mg 2 + O 2 = MgO in the reaction of Magnesium ribbon burning in air, since the valency of magnesium is 2.

yes you can write, Mg 2 + O 2 → Mg 2 O 2 we can cacel the 2. for eg. if the formula for a compound is – X 3 Y 6 , then we can write this as XY 3 that is why we can write Mg 2 O 2 as MgO,...

Vaibhav Gupta 4 days ago
I’m getting confused in deciding the stability order. Please help me.

see the question is for a carbanion. a carbanion has negative charge and is a reaction intermidiate. we know that NO2 shows very strong -R effect, i.e pulls the electrons towards itself...

Neeti 4 days ago

find the bond order of compound more the bond order, more stable is compound

Vaibhav Gupta 4 days ago

which

Neeti 4 days ago
I have op tandon organic chemistry and solomons fryhle chemistry. WHich book should i read. OP tandon has only reaction whose mechanism are’nt there.So should i prefer solomon fryhle or op...

dont refer more forigen books refer those which are prepared for iit jee follow sanayal for mechnism n do practice from ms chouan or himinshu panday

Nicho priyatham one month ago

You may refer Modern’s ABC of Chemistry. It will help you grasp all the concepts with ease and give you ample scope of attempting numericals.

Rounak Datta one month ago

solomon frhyle is best book among ur choices u can do himanshu pandey for questions for practice it is very good book APPROVE IF USEFUL

ng29 one month ago
Can someone explain the origin of charge on colloidal particles??

Colloidal particles posses a definite type of electrical charge and this is the one of the most important properties of colloidal solutions.In a particular colloidal solution,all the...
  img
Aarti Gupta 18 days ago

The colloidal particles are known to carry positive or negative charge and all the particles of same sol carry same kind of charge. Various views have been put forward to explain the charge ...

deapan 18 days ago
three centered bond is presnt in: a.NH3 b. B2H6 c. BCl3 d.AlCl3

B2H6 3 center bond 2 electron bond also called banana bond bcoz it flips very fastly and appear as banana approve if useful

ng29 3 months ago

Actually B 2 H 6 IS A DIMER and we know that ‘ELECTRONS ARE STANDING WAVES ‘ SO between 2 BORON ATOMS there is a GATHERING OF ELECTRON CLOUDS and it suffers REPULSION FROM bonded PAIR of...

Ankit Sharma 2 months ago

b > B2H6

aritra pal 3 months ago
what are chemical bonds please explain in detail that why the form please ,,,,,

Chemical compounds are formed by the joining of two or more atoms. A stable compound occurs when the total energy of the combination has lower energy than the separated atoms. The bound...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 9 days ago
View all Questions »