ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Which one is more soluble in DIETHYL ETHER - ANHYDROUS AlCl3 or HYDROUS  AlCl3 .? Why?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anhydrous AlCl3 . Its Lewis Acid character is more than hydrated AlCl3 because the lone pair on H2O satisfies the lewis acidity of AlCl3 partially in case of hydrated AlCl3. Therefore, Anhydrous AlCl3 will accept the lone pair from Ether more spontaneously.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what are different types of reducing agents for reduction of aldehydes&ketones to alcohols

The reduction of an aldehyde You get exactly the same organic product whether you use lithium tetrahydridoaluminate or sodium tetrahydridoborate. For example, with ethanal you get ethanol:...

abhimanyu 2 months ago

The reaction product of the reduction of an aldehyde is a primary alcohol and that of a ketone a secondary alcohol . Reagents are lithium aluminium hydride , diisobutylaluminium hydride ,...

vineet chatterjee 2 months ago
i.u.p.a.c naming plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hello Student Plese refer to the following link for all the detailed information about IUPACnomenclature of organic compounds...
  img
Pankaj one month ago
If I am Given Two compounds How can I know which is more acidic or basi c ? Refer to the below question for example.

The answer is b) A-II, B-I, C-I, D-II The reasons are as follows:- A) We know that any group attached at the ortho position increases the acidity of the benzyl group substituent (Ortho...

Yash Jain 4 months ago
Can I prepare complete Inorganic chemistry in 4 moths as I have not studied it at all.Can it be prepared in time that is left now.

Dear student yes you can definitely complete your inorganic chemistry in the period of 4 months,as it would be enough time for you.Don’t take stress while thinking that you...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

Dear student NCERT book is very good but for the detail description of topics you should use other helping books also.As in such book you get the descriptions which you might need while...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

Yeah, you can prepare Inorganic Chemistry in 4 months but just make sure you also keep in touch with other subjects .You can give majority of time to Inorganic but ewach subject is...
  img
Aziz Alam 5 months ago
Cr(NH 3 )(CO 3 ) what is the oxidation no. of Cr?

the oxidation state of the metal atom is the charge that would exist on the atom if the bonding were completly ionic oxidation no. of Cr:- i think you are missing its a carbonate ligand and...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago
Which of the following hydrocarbons has the lowest dipolemoment? Give explanation. (1) Trans-2-butene (2) 2-butyne (3) 1-butyne (4) But-1-en-3-yne

Dipole moment (μ) is the measure of net molecular polarity, trans 2 butene has a dipole moment of 0 because the presence of each CH3 group on the opposite side cancels each other effect
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago

Dipole moment (μ) is the measure of net molecular polarity, trans 2 butene has a dipole moment of 0 because the presence of each CH3 group on the opposite side cancels each other effect
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago
View all Questions »