ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Which one is more soluble in DIETHYL ETHER - ANHYDROUS AlCl3 or HYDROUS  AlCl3 .? Why?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anhydrous AlCl3 . Its Lewis Acid character is more than hydrated AlCl3 because the lone pair on H2O satisfies the lewis acidity of AlCl3 partially in case of hydrated AlCl3. Therefore, Anhydrous AlCl3 will accept the lone pair from Ether more spontaneously.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
This is a question from BIOMOLECULES asked in jee 2012 (pls see the attachment for the question) in that why was V(fifth) bit not included in the answer even though it has an amino group....

Bear in mind that both an amine and an amide are Lewis bases as they both have a lone pair of electrons. However, the basicity of amides is far lower than that of amines. What makes an amide...
  img
Harishwar 5 months ago
Please explain how to count the no. of pi electrons in the attached image (the answer is 10)

i think its 8 , 3 double bonds =6pi electrons and 1l.p of oxygen is delocalised so that the compound is aromatic. The other is in sp 2 hybridised orital

Abhishek Singh 2 months ago

2 lone pairs on the oxygen molecule are in unhybridized p orbitals. Buy ‘solomon&fryhle’’s book on organic chemistry (INR700). It takes 6-8 days to read it’s 1090 pages provided you’ve read...

Manas Bondale 2 months ago

3 double bonds corresponds to 6 pi electrons , in addition to it there are two lone pairs with oxygen which are counted as pi electons , therefore 6+4=10

daksh 2 months ago
Q . EXAMINE THE FOLLOWING TWO CANONICAL STRUCTURES AND CHOOSE THE CORRECT STATEMENT FROM THE GIVEN BELOW-( MORE THAN ONE CORRECT) (1) IS MORE STABLE THAN TWO (2) IS MORE STABLE THAN (1) (1)...

More the number of pi-bond, more is the stability and hence (2) is more stable (so having less energy than (1)) canonical structure and contribute more in resonating structure....
  img
Naveen Kumar 3 months ago

i request you to please help me in other questions that r posted....thanks

bharat makkar 3 months ago
is there any gud books to practice problems in inorganic chemistry?

dear friend for prcatising problem in inorganic chemistry go for op tondon exercises given in the chapters.practise more and more with previous year paper of iit,aieee,i think tis is more...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago
Explain the structure and stability of chlorides of group iV- A elements

Group IV elements form tetrahalides of the type MX 4, except PbI 4 .These halides are typically covalent,tetrahedral in structure and are very volatile.Carbon forms carbon tetrachloride(CCl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 6 months ago
Q . FOR THE REACTION :- CaCO 3 (s) ------------ ------------> CaO (s) + CO 2 (g), K p = 1.16 atm AT 800 0 C . IF 20.0 g OF CaCO 3 WERE KEPT IN A 10 L CONTAINER AND HEATED UP TO 800 0 C ,...

CaCO3(s)------------------------> CaO (s) + CO2(g) 20g.....................................0g...........0g........(initially) Kp=P CO2 =1.16atm(as the solids are notincluded in the...
  img
Naveen Kumar 4 months ago

thanks....

bharat makkar 4 months ago
View all Questions »