Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: asksch20

Which one is more soluble in DIETHYL ETHER - ANHYDROUS AlCl3 or HYDROUS  AlCl3 .? Why?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anhydrous AlCl3 . Its Lewis Acid character is more than hydrated AlCl3 because the lone pair on H2O satisfies the lewis acidity of AlCl3 partially in case of hydrated AlCl3. Therefore, Anhydrous AlCl3 will accept the lone pair from Ether more spontaneously.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

How can you explain higher stability of Bcl3 as compared to Tlcl3

@ shinaz in a group while coming down from top to bottom , due to increase in size and involvement of d and f orbital , the outermost ns2 electron are not shielded or have ineffective...

Umakant biswal 28 days ago
Sit can you explain why only A option is correct but not both A and C?

C is incorrect as in 2 nd compund there is Hyperconjugation.Moreover, Resonance condtion is hiven the first prioritty to decide the stabilitty of the compounds.

2016 years ago
What is the unhydride of H2S2O3 and please tell me how we predict that unhydride of perticular compound??

H2S2O3 is the mixed anhydride of H2SO4 and H2S. 2 H 2 S 2 O 3 ⇔ 2 H 2 S O 3 + S 2 . H2S2O3 dissociates into H2SO3 and S2 on heating thus.

Vikas TU one month ago
The n factor of potassium ferro cyanide in acidic medium

You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...

Ankit one month ago

n factor is the no of electron transfer for single atom or the oxidation state of central atom . in the complex K4{FE(CN)6} 4(1)+X+6(-1)=0 X-2 =0 SO, X= +2 SO, HERE THE N FACTOR IS +2 HOPE...

Umakant biswal one month ago
1g of Mg atoms absorbs 50kj of energy in the vapour phase find the composition of Mg+and Mg+2 formed as a result of absorption of energy if IE1and IE2 of Mg are740 and 1450kj Per mole

Mg –----------> Mg+ + e- I.E1 = 740 KJ/mol 1/24 moles 1/24 moles Mg+ -------------> Mg2+ + e- I.E2 =1450 KJ/mol 1/24 moles 1/24 moles and I.E for Mg would be I.E1 + I.E2 = 1450 + 740 = 2190 ...

Vikas TU one month ago
why water has specific heat capacity?explain......................................................................................

Water's high heat capacity is a property caused by hydrogen bonding among water molecules. When heat is absorbed, hydrogen bonds are broken and water molecules can move freely. When the...

Gajula Sandeep yesterday
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts