Which one is more soluble in DIETHYL ETHER - ANHYDROUS AlCl3 or HYDROUS  AlCl3 .? Why?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anhydrous AlCl3 . Its Lewis Acid character is more than hydrated AlCl3 because the lone pair on H2O satisfies the lewis acidity of AlCl3 partially in case of hydrated AlCl3. Therefore, Anhydrous AlCl3 will accept the lone pair from Ether more spontaneously.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
jkwekj

What is a reaction of Ca on a phenol?

Phenol reacts with Ca(OH) 2 in aq. or organic media and forms calcium phenol half-salts. Ph-OH + Ca(OH) 2 -----------------> Ph-O-Ca-OH + H 2 O Phenol Calcium phenol half-salt Pyrolysis...
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago
I want to knw easy logic to find number of isomers of C7H9N

Toluidine 1-amino-2-methylorortho-toluidine 1-amino-3-methylormeta-toluidine 1-amino-4-methylorp-toluidine, Lutidine 2,3-dimethylpyridineor 2,3-lutidine 2,4-dimethylpyridineor 2,4-lutidine...
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
I have a class test tommorow on biomolecules.I have only 2-3 hours to study is it enough and what are the topics I should concentrate on. Please reply urgently!!

Study about starch, cellulose linkages, glucose structure, its properties, different tests for glucose classification of amino acids, structure of amino acids, fructose structure , DNA and...
  img
Harishwar 6 days ago
Sir please help me balance this equation- Cr(oh)3+IO3^-1-------->I-+CrO4^2-(in basic medium) by ion electron method. Sir it is written in my book to first balance all the atoms other that o...

Cr(OH)3(s) +IO3(-)(aq) -->CrO4(-2)(aq) + I(-)(aq) remember in basic medium firstbalancing of oxidation number then balancing of O atom.Balancing of O atom is made by using H2O and OH-...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
If a peice of iron gains 10% of its weight due to partial rusting into Fe2O3 the percentage of total iron that has rusted is 23 13 23.3 25.67

4Fe + 3O2----2Fe2O3 let the weight of fe conveerted to fe2o3 be x gm initian total weight be 100gm now weight gain=110gm mole of fe conveerted to fe2o3=4x/56 mole of fe2o3=x/56*2 weight of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
i need any tips to memorize inorganic chemistry

Hello Student. You have asked a very important question. But the answer is , There is no need to memorize it. You should try to understand the concepts of inorganic chemistry. It is not...
  img
sumit kumar 2 months ago
View all Questions »