Which one is more soluble in DIETHYL ETHER - ANHYDROUS AlCl3 or HYDROUS  AlCl3 .? Why?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anhydrous AlCl3 . Its Lewis Acid character is more than hydrated AlCl3 because the lone pair on H2O satisfies the lewis acidity of AlCl3 partially in case of hydrated AlCl3. Therefore, Anhydrous AlCl3 will accept the lone pair from Ether more spontaneously.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What is the difference between sucrose, fructose and sugar?

The word “sugar”is used to represent a group of organic compounds known as carbohydrates i.e. sugar and carbohydrates are same thing. Sugar or carbohydrates are the compounds...
  img
Pankaj 2 months ago
Hi experts could you notify me on the BITSAT 2015 announcement and also suggest me which book to refer for organic chemistry – OP Tandon or RS Agarwal.

Important Notifications for BITSAT! BITSAT date of Examination - 14th May to 1st June 2014 BITSAT 2014 Notification released. Online application has begun. To apply online for BITSAT go to...
  img
Harishwar 18 days ago

Thanks for the reply. Again confused. Are you replying about 2014 announcement?

Vishuwaesh 18 days ago
how to know that which reaction will be sn1 or sn2 ?

Let’s compare the SN1 and the SN2. The MechanismThe SN2 reaction is concerted. That is, the SN2 occurs in one step, and both the nucleophile and substrate are involved in the rate...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 7 days ago
what is really meant by acid base titration

An acid–base titration is the determination of the concentration of an acid or base by exactly neutralizing the acid or base with an acid or base of known concentration. It uses...
  img
Harsh Patodia 28 days ago
how to find molarity?

molarity is the concentration of a solution given in gram moles of solute per liter of solution. It is defined as the number of moles of solute per unit volume of solution, i.e. -...

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya one month ago

it is molarity (M) = moles solute/litres solution

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya one month ago
In the reaction 2Clf3= Cl2 + 3f2, how is dissociation of Clf3 favoured by increase in volume of container?

dissociation is favored by an increase in the volume of the container because here 2 mole of CLF3 dissociates into 1 mole of chlorine and 3 mole of F2 no of mole on the right hand side is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
View all Questions »