Which one is more soluble in DIETHYL ETHER - ANHYDROUS AlCl3 or HYDROUS  AlCl3 .? Why?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anhydrous AlCl3 . Its Lewis Acid character is more than hydrated AlCl3 because the lone pair on H2O satisfies the lewis acidity of AlCl3 partially in case of hydrated AlCl3. Therefore, Anhydrous AlCl3 will accept the lone pair from Ether more spontaneously.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
incorrect name of an alkyne is : a. propyne b. but-2-yne pent-3-yne d. but-1-yne

Incorrect name of alkyne among the above is :– pent-3-yne.As per rule of IUPAC nomenclature the functional group must get lower number.It should be pent-2-yne,because when you count...
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago
Total spin of nitrogen atom is

(+3/2) or (+1.5) the spin of e revolving in clockwise is (+1/2) and that of e revolving in anti-clock wise direction is (-1/2) electronic configuration of N atom is 1s 2 2s 2 2p 3 no of...

stenly 27 days ago
please help me from where do i get the solutions of advanced problems in organic chemistry by m.s chauhan.

if you want you can buy from here sapnaonline.com/advanced-problems-in-organic-chemistry-for-jee-ms-chouhan-shri-balaji-publications-4716097

Ashwin 16 days ago
how do polar solvents help in the first step in SN1 mechanism

TheSN1 reactionis asubstitution reactioninorganic chemistry. "SN" stands fornucleophilic substitutionand the "1" represents the fact that therate-determining...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 21 days ago
is there any gud books to practice problems in inorganic chemistry?

dear friend for prcatising problem in inorganic chemistry go for op tondon exercises given in the chapters.practise more and more with previous year paper of iit,aieee,i think tis is more...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 10 days ago
Among CO,SO2,H2O,CCL4,CH2CL2,C2CL2,C2CL4,which have zero dipole moment?

Dipole momentcan be defined as the product of magnitude of charges and the distance of separation between the charges. element having 0 dipole moment=CO,CCL4,C2CL2,C2CL4 In all cases it is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
View all Questions »