Which one is more soluble in DIETHYL ETHER - ANHYDROUS AlCl3 or HYDROUS  AlCl3 .? Why?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Anhydrous AlCl3 . Its Lewis Acid character is more than hydrated AlCl3 because the lone pair on H2O satisfies the lewis acidity of AlCl3 partially in case of hydrated AlCl3. Therefore, Anhydrous AlCl3 will accept the lone pair from Ether more spontaneously.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
which is best for organic chemistry:morrison and boyd or OP tandon or LG wade

LG wade.......................but go for KS verma for ahead of it

aishwary rastogi 3 months ago

l

aishwary rastogi 3 months ago
how alkenes react with hydrated proton

For the hydration of alkenes, the general chemical equation of the reaction is the following: RRC=CH2 in H2O/acid → RRC(-OH)-CH3 A hydroxyl group (OH−) attaches to one carbon of...
  img
Harishwar one month ago
The number of isomers for the compound with molecular formula C2BrClFl is : (a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) 6

There will be 6 isomers possible for this formula. take two halogens on any one of doubly bonded carbon and u would have three possible combination. For each of this three structure each one...
  img
Naveen Kumar 13 days ago
metallurgy sblock pblock i hv not done n left for end i m rite or wrng

I think you have done a good choice but remember definetely you should do this part as soon as possible because it is an important topic.question generally comes from this topic and its very...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 27 days ago
The rate of first-order reaction is 0.04 mol/L/sec at 10 minutes and 0.03mol/L/sec at 20 minutes after initiation.Find the half-life of the reaction.

half-life of the reaction.
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago

THANKS SIR....!!

bharat makkar 2 months ago
View all Questions »