ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

alkanes show only chain isomerisam is it true?

3 years ago

Answers : (4)

Yes

3 years ago

Hi Ravikumar,

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

3 years ago

The isomerism is conformational, optical, and nuclear(chain) ones.

3 years ago

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What are hydrocarbons ?

The term ‘hydrocarbon’ is self –explanatory which refers to the compounds formed by combination of carbon and hydrogen only. Hydrocarbons have very important role in our...
  img
Pankaj 5 months ago

A hydrocarbon is an organic compound containing carbon and hydrogen only.

Jacob james 5 months ago
sir give an idea about chirality with newman projection ..pls.

Chirality means just the asymmetrical carbon, that is the carbon with all different atoms attached to it.
  img
Suraj Prasad 4 months ago

Hi Student, http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-isomerism/chirality-stereogenic-centers/
  img
Harishwar 4 months ago
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given,...

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3...

viswanath 4 months ago

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base ...

Shivam Chopra 4 months ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 4 months ago
can sum1 explain me what why will be the structure of Cu(Cl)2- complex be ..with reasons.

Copper(II) chloride is the chemical compound with the chemical formula CuCl2. This is a light brown solid, which slowly absorbs moisture to form a blue-green dihydrate. The copper(II)...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 8 months ago

But in prabhat kumar it was given that since cl is a weak ligand it cannot pair up the electrons and the structure will be TETRAHEDRAL .can u please explain me in terms of VBT i.e....

sameer gupta 8 months ago
Which one of the following is a covalent hydride? A.) BeH2 B.) AsH3

its BeH2 because of brillyium’s anamolus properties

grenade one month ago

BeH2 is covalent hydride as it form as dimer

Aditya Sharma one month ago

Yes..@akshat

Aditya Sharma one month ago
find n factor of h2so4 in(yes it is unbalanced equation is it necessary to make it balance?) pbo2+pb+h2so4=pbso4+h2o

yes true............. If alternatively we can see that for 2 moles of h2so4, one mole of pb is changing from 0 to +2 so for 1 h2so4, +1 is the change and so is the n-factor. Thanks for your...
  img
Naveen Kumar 7 months ago

First of all you need to understand about the balencing equation. Without balencing it you should not proceed further. FOR CALCULATING n-FACTOR, WE SHOULD HAVE CHANGE IN OXIDATION STATE PER...
  img
Naveen Kumar 7 months ago

The ionic reactions of the given reaction are PbO 2 + SO 4 -2 + 4H + + 2e - = PbSO 4 + 2H 2 O Pb + SO 4 2- = PbSO 4 + 2e therefore the net reaction becomes Pb + PbO 2 + 2 h 2 SO 4 = 2PbSO 4 ...

Himaja 7 months ago
View all Questions »