ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

alkanes show only chain isomerisam is it true?

3 years ago

Answers : (4)

Yes

3 years ago

Hi Ravikumar,

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

3 years ago

The isomerism is conformational, optical, and nuclear(chain) ones.

3 years ago

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Is there a shortcut for finding the number of isomers for functional hydrocarbons

Dont go for short cuts. Remember when two or more compounds have the same molecular formula but different functional group for example an aldehyde and ketone , an alcohol and ether are...
  img
Harishwar 7 months ago
The ticked answer is the answer provided by the book. Is the sum of locants rule not violated here? Please expain in detail how this compound is named.

No such rule is violated here. See, for the main compound, we have a cyclohexane ring and all the rest groups are substituents. For numbering, we choose the substituent having max. no of...

Yash Jain 5 months ago

So we don’t even number according to alphabetical order? Is it the same with straight chain compounds?

Ayesha Khan 5 months ago
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given, I...

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base...

Shivam Chopra 2 months ago

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3 0...

viswanath 2 months ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 2 months ago
Sir , I cant visulize this image and understand it can you explain?

The above figure can be understand in terms of Molecular orbital theory .According to this theory the electrons are not assigned to individual bonds between atoms, but are treated as moving...
  img
Aarti Gupta 6 months ago

Thanks for your deep answer , I have more doubt from your answer i belive you will help me to get me out of it. They are Why 2P y is not participating ihere? In the statment “ . Can only PI...

Vineeth 6 months ago

this is a simple question and you can get good things from solving this so just try

britto george yesterday
QUES is attached

calorific value of butane is 2878/58 and calorific value of methane is 809/16 mass of butane having the same calorific value as that of methane is (809/16 )*(58/2878) mole of butane having...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
if h2o2 has interamloecular h-bonding then why is it very unstable

The formula for hydrogen peroxide is H2O2, so compared to water (H2O), there is an extra oyxgen atom in the molecule. The oxygen atoms in hydrogen peroxide are not in the most stable state....
  img
Raheema Javed 5 months ago
View all Questions »