ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

alkanes show only chain isomerisam is it true?

3 years ago

Answers : (4)

Yes

3 years ago

Hi Ravikumar,

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

3 years ago

The isomerism is conformational, optical, and nuclear(chain) ones.

3 years ago

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Sir, Is there any positively charged nucleophile....

Nucleophile is an species which can either be negative charge or electrically neutral.But in both cases it should carry electron to share i.e acting as an Lewis base.For ex- 1. Neutral...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

Dear student as in the above answer it is explained that nucleophile is an species which is either neutral or negative charge so it means that nucleophiles are not the positive charge...
  img
Aarti Gupta 4 months ago

ya but can you give me an example for positively charged nucleophile...

Bhubesh 5 months ago
what should i refer ,o p tandon or ranjeet shahi ?,if i need theory as well as ques at the same time

If you need theory then follow o.p.tandon or if you want to questions then follow ranjeet shahi. But it is better to follow o p tandon for both theory as well as questions....
  img
Ramreddy 5 months ago

thank you sir

sunath khadikar 5 months ago
How can these be tautomers when they do not contain an alpha-Hydrogen?

Tautomers are constitutional isomers of organic compounds that readily interconvert by a chemical reaction called tautomerization. This reaction commonly results in the formal migration of a...
  img
Suraj Prasad 4 months ago

does it mean that the compound will show only structural isomerism.. and not tautomerism..??

ANMOL SETH 4 months ago
​Q. ARRANGE THE FOLLOWING IN INCREASING ORDER OF PROPERTIES AS INDICATED IN BRACKET AGAINST- N 2 , O 2 , F 2 , Cl 2 ( BOND ENERGY) PH 3 , AsH 3 , SbH 3 , NH 3 ( BOND ANGLE)

(1)INCREASING ORDER OF BOND ENERGY N2>O2>Cl2>F2 N2 has triple bond>O2(Double bond)Between F2 and Cl2 as we go down the group, the radius becomes bigger, and the bonding electrons...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
What is van der waal’s force of attraction?

Van der waal’s forces is the sum of the attractive and the repulsive forces between the molecules of the same compound other than those due to covalent bonds. It’s eqn. is given by :...

Divya Kumari 2 months ago

Van der waal’s forces is the sum of the attractive and the repulsive forces between the molecules of the same compound other than those due to covalent bonds. It’s eqn. is given by :...

Divya Kumari 2 months ago
why oxygen have higher electronegetivity

because it has small size , the +ve core will attract the pair of electrons and hence more electronegativity.
  img
Suraj Prasad 16 days ago

Students are always welcome.
  img
Suraj Prasad 14 days ago

thank you

manasvi 14 days ago
View all Questions »