alkanes show only chain isomerisam is it true?

2 years ago

Answers : (4)

Yes

2 years ago

Hi Ravikumar,

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

2 years ago

The isomerism is conformational, optical, and nuclear(chain) ones.

2 years ago

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how to study organic chemistry?what i should study for board exams ? please reply me

Hello, Organic chemistry is not that much difficult. Just try to learn it in a sequential way. What you have to do is first learn the nomenclature of organic compounds and then moves towards...
  img
Anjali Ahuja 3 months ago
As acc. to MOT bonding molecular orbitals are stable than anti bonding molecular orbitals, but i want to know that by what percent does bonding molecular orbital is stable than anti bonding...

It depends upon the no. of electrons in bonding and antibonding orbitals, bonding will tell you the electrons that will help in forming the bond and antibonding will tell you to have the...
  img
Suraj Prasad 4 months ago
In cannizaro reaction, after the heterolytic cleavage of the pi bond due to the attack of the OH - ion at the carbonyl carbon, the pi bond is reformed and a H- ion leaves. Why is it more...

http://www.askiitians.com/revision-notes/chemistry/aldehydeketone-and-carboxylic-acid/ . Please go through this...
  img
Harishwar 3 months ago

I found out the answer. The OH- attacks the electrophillic carbonyl carbon and the pi bond of the carbonyl oxygen is broken and the electron moves to the oxygen. Since the medium is basic in...

Amogh 3 months ago
how can we say pure water is weak electrolyte

Pure water containing no exogenous ions is an excellent insulator, but not even "deionized" water is completely free of ions. Water undergoes auto-ionization in the liquid state,...
  img
Raheema Javed 2 months ago

Electrolyte is defined as a substance which when dissolved in water,resulting in solution which conducts electricity.Electrolyte contains free ions and these ions are responsible for...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago
ppts on concentration cells

Hi, Do you want us to provide the ppts on concentration cells ? You can get various ppts on the same from the google search too. I would advise you to please read from the book too after...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 2 months ago

i want ppts on concentration cell and types of concencentrationcell with images

Krishna Moorthy 2 months ago

i want ppts on concentration cell and types of concencentrationcell with images

Krishna Moorthy 2 months ago
determine the resultant of the force of given figure

Please post in Physics...
  img
Harishwar 4 months ago

Please post in Physics...
  img