ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

alkanes show only chain isomerisam is it true?

3 years ago

Answers : (4)

Yes

3 years ago

Hi Ravikumar,

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

3 years ago

The isomerism is conformational, optical, and nuclear(chain) ones.

3 years ago

No. That is not true.

They can show other isomerism as Geometrical Isomerism and Optical isomerism as well.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Ph(CH2)(CH=CH2) + HBr = ?

First carbocation will e formed and then it will rearrange after rearrangement product Ph – CHBr – CH2 – CH3 will be formed. plz approve!

vikas yadav 3 months ago

(Ph)CH2-CHBrCH2-CH3

narenchemistry 3 months ago
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given, I...

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base...

Shivam Chopra one month ago

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3 0...

viswanath one month ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra one month ago
Select the correct statements regarding E2 reactions it is anti-periplanar rearrangements take place it is a single step reaction

Yes u r right, actually it was my fault, I mean first and last and so I should have to write 1 and 3. Thanks for your comment. ......................................................
  img
Naveen Kumar 4 months ago

1 and 2. For details please read the text book. ......................... ....................................................... ..........................................................
  img
Naveen Kumar 4 months ago

The correct statements are it is anti- periplanar it is single step reaction

Himaja 4 months ago
Which book can be useful for studying IIT physical chemistry?

You can find here list of good books. Apart from physical chemistry you will find help for other books. http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 days ago

Dr.P.bhadur’s numerical chemistry for good numericals with solutions.

Vignesh R 2 days ago

HC VERMA

Ch. Sai tejasri 2 days ago
If 1.27 g of iodine is liberated,when 10 ml solution of H2O2 is reacted with acidified KI solution.Then the volume strenghth of H2O2 is.?

Meq of H2O2 = Meq of I2 (w/34)*1000 = [1.27/(254/2)]*1000 w=0.34 g Thus 0.34 g of H2O2will give =(11.2/34)*.34 =0.028 litre =28 ml Thus volume strength of H2O2is = 28/10=2.8...
  img
Ramreddy 5 months ago

N1V1= N2V2 N1 X 10 = 2.54/254 = 0.001 N Volume strength of H2O2 = 5.6 X Normality = 5.6 X 0.001 = 0.0056 Vol....
  img
Ramreddy 5 months ago

i didnt get the ans .the ans is 2.8

Shriya Mehrotra 5 months ago
can sum1 explain me what why will be the structure of Cu(Cl)2- complex be ..with reasons.

Copper(II) chloride is the chemical compound with the chemical formula CuCl2. This is a light brown solid, which slowly absorbs moisture to form a blue-green dihydrate. The copper(II)...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 5 months ago

But in prabhat kumar it was given that since cl is a weak ligand it cannot pair up the electrons and the structure will be TETRAHEDRAL .can u please explain me in terms of VBT i.e....

sameer gupta 5 months ago
View all Questions »