DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Plzz help..Its a big doubt..

In nomenclature for aromatic compounds , when do we use "phenyl". Is its C6H5 or any side chain on the ring compound..

Is its for side chain , then if NO2 group is there on the ring , why we write nitrobenzene & not phenylbenzene?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

if from benzene a hydrogen is removed then the compound C6H5 is called phenyl.

but if a group ex. N02 is attached then it is no more a free phenyl, as in place of hydrogen a group is attached (no vacant place). thus it is called differently as nitrobenzene.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how to read organic chemistry and please tell how to remember organic chemistry

Organic chemistry is simplest part of chemistry, but most of the students will find it very difficult because they do not understand basics . If one understands basics then it is very easy...
  img
Ramreddy 5 months ago

See, first of all you must have a good knowledge of all the reagents i.e what is the effect of those reagents and in what conditions they react and what products are formed. then you just...
  img
Suraj Prasad 5 months ago
What are the products formed when 2-methoxy propane reacts with conc HI

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago

In the presence of conc.HI I think (CH3)2CH-OH changes to (CH3)2CH-I. Also since a secondary carbon is present SN 1 mechanism may occur then the products are different(CH3OH and (CH3)2CH-I)....

Himaja 3 months ago
which is more acidic water or methanol?

Water is more acidic than methanol because methanol is a basic and water can be considered as neutral. So, in the ph scale water is more reactive than methanol. methanol is the simplest form...

Yugabrat Gogoi 6 months ago

Methanol is more acidic than water pK a of methanol = 15.54 pK a of water = 15.74 you know lesser pKa means more acidic , methanol is more acidic than water ;

MANU MITRAAN 6 months ago
when Copper Sulphate powder is gently dropped in a water beaker,thepowder particles

Hello Student Your question is not clear to me and seems to be incomplete. When copper sulphate is added to water, it undergoes ioniozation to give Cu 2+ and SO 4 2- ions. The solution...
  img
Pankaj 17 days ago
Question is attached... {ALTS-10 Q47}

Here the paramagnetic nature is not due to the unpaired electron in metals’s d-orbital but due to presence of O2- in option(1) and so it is paramagnetic!!
  img
Naveen Kumar 3 months ago
In the reaction 2Clf3= Cl2 + 3f2, how is dissociation of Clf3 favoured by increase in volume of container?

dissociation is favored by an increase in the volume of the container because here 2 mole of CLF3 dissociates into 1 mole of chlorine and 3 mole of F2 no of mole on the right hand side is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago
View all Questions »