DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Plzz help..Its a big doubt..

In nomenclature for aromatic compounds , when do we use "phenyl". Is its C6H5 or any side chain on the ring compound..

Is its for side chain , then if NO2 group is there on the ring , why we write nitrobenzene & not phenylbenzene?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

if from benzene a hydrogen is removed then the compound C6H5 is called phenyl.

but if a group ex. N02 is attached then it is no more a free phenyl, as in place of hydrogen a group is attached (no vacant place). thus it is called differently as nitrobenzene.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Why are tertiary alcohol more reactive to haloacids than secondary and primary

Dear student the order of stability of carbocation is – tertiary > secondary > primary This is due to the fact that greater the number of alkyl gorups on the carbon carrying +ive...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 days ago

Dear student inductive effect is of two types- 1) --I effect which is also known as e- withdrawing effect and 2).+I effct which is also known as e- releasing effect. Alkyl groups show +I...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 days ago

Alcohols are the class of organic compounds which have -OH as the functional group. Reaction of alcohols with haloacids like HCl,HBr and HI involves the cleavage of C--OH bond of...
  img
Aarti Gupta 8 days ago
amino acetic acid is a dipolar ion but p-aminobenzoic acid is not?

amino acetic exist as zwitter ion for stability and is dipolar but not p-aminobenzoic acid approve if useful

ng29 22 days ago

approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 22 days ago
sir m very cnfused...main kya padhu …..kis book se padhu organic chem?plz help me

You can buy vidoes of askiitians . Or u colud also refer to OP tandon or Solomon and Fryhle ( MS chauhan) Hit approve if u got even a little help by my answer :) Thanks .

Drake 16 days ago

for organic chem himanshu pandey is the best for reactions refer sn sanyal approve if useful approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 19 days ago

for very good level of que refer ms chauhan (advance) approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 16 days ago
why there is ahydride gap in 7 th 8 th and 9 th groups of d block

Hydrogen combine with many element forming hydride in which its oxidation state is -1. The 7th8thand 9thgroup of d and f block donot form any hydrides with hydrogen because these elememt...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago
HCO3 ANION EXIST AS DIMER DUE TO HYDROGEN BOND. YES OR NO? EXPLAIN?

HCO 3 - doesnot have hydrogen bonding.Hydrogen bonding is mainly the property of covalent compounds with polar bonds. But this is an ionic salt and thus does not show hydrogen bonding.
  img
Pankaj 28 days ago

you cant say its ionic bcz the bond between H+ and CO3- is ionic and CO3- is covalent

samatom 7 days ago
why 7 th 8 th and 9 th group of d and f block donot form any hydrides with hydrogen which is called hydrie gap

Hydrogen combine with many element forming hydride in which its oxidation state is -1. The 7th8thand 9thgroup of d and f block donot form any hydrides with hydrogen because these elememt...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago
View all Questions »