DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Plzz help..Its a big doubt..

In nomenclature for aromatic compounds , when do we use "phenyl". Is its C6H5 or any side chain on the ring compound..

Is its for side chain , then if NO2 group is there on the ring , why we write nitrobenzene & not phenylbenzene?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

if from benzene a hydrogen is removed then the compound C6H5 is called phenyl.

but if a group ex. N02 is attached then it is no more a free phenyl, as in place of hydrogen a group is attached (no vacant place). thus it is called differently as nitrobenzene.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
rate of dehydration of alcohols- cyclohexanol, cyclohexene

Your question is NOT clear and seems to be incomplete bacause you have given one alcohol and alkene.Please recheck your question and post it again.Please check your question and write down...
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago
How to convert ethyne to ethane?

Hydrogentaion of ethyne by raney nickel (H2/Ni) will give ethane.

Shivam 6 months ago

`by heating

neelesh gautam 6 months ago
Which is more stable: a carbocation attached to a methoxy group or a carbocation attached to benzene ring?

Hello Student Carbocation attached to a benzene ring is highly unstable. This is due to the fact that the benzene ring takes away the electron density from carbon atom which further makes...
  img
Gaurav 16 days ago

Acc. to me, benzene is a nucleophile & carbocation, as its name suggests, is a cation i.e. it is electrophile. Thus, when an electrophile is attached to benzene, it becomes stable as benzene...

Shivam Chopra 15 days ago
Given two optical isomers of any coordination compound. How to determine which one is dextro and which one is laevo ?

Dextrorotation and levorotation (also spelled laevorotation) refer to the properties of rotating plane polarized light. If the light rotates clockwise as it approaches an observer, this is...
  img
Harishwar 4 months ago
Calculate the energy of repulsion between two oxygen nuclei at a separation of 1.21 Å, which is the equilibrium bond length in an O 2 molecule.

Take despirin buddy
  img
Pushkar Aditya one month ago

Please help
  img
Deep 3 months ago

I will request personally to askiitians team to provide the answer

Pushkar Aditya one month ago
why are halogen so reactive?

Atoms of elements consist of a nucleus that contains protons and neutrons. The nucleus is surrounded by electrons that move around in orbits or levels. Atoms of an element react with other...
  img
Raheema Javed 3 months ago

Hi Student The Group 7 elements are also known as the halogens. They include fluorine, chlorine, bromine and iodine, which all have seven electrons in their outer shell i.e They only need...
  img
Anjali Ahuja 3 months ago
View all Questions »