MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

Plzz help..Its a big doubt..

In nomenclature for aromatic compounds , when do we use "phenyl". Is its C6H5 or any side chain on the ring compound..

Is its for side chain , then if NO2 group is there on the ring , why we write nitrobenzene & not phenylbenzene?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

if from benzene a hydrogen is removed then the compound C6H5 is called phenyl.

but if a group ex. N02 is attached then it is no more a free phenyl, as in place of hydrogen a group is attached (no vacant place). thus it is called differently as nitrobenzene.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

WHAT IS BUFFER SOLUTION.

A SOLUTION WHICH RESISTS ANY CHANGE OF pH when a small amount of a strong acid or a strong base is added to it, is called a BUFFER SOLUTION .

PRAPULPODISHETTI 16 days ago

The solution which does not change its pH value when it is reacted with strong acid or base is known as buffer solution .

PRAPULPODISHETTI 15 days ago

The solution which does not change its pH value when it is reacted with strong acid or base is known as buffer solution .

SHANMUKESHWAR 15 days ago
Give full solution

I think the Answer is (D) because Molecular formula for Ketone and aldehyde is same i.e C n H 2n O. and option D is ether.

Gunjan 23 days ago
Find out the IUPAC nomenclature of the compunds. If the longest carbon chain is the parent chain then why are the highlighted chains not the parent ones?

As far as possible, double and triple bonds usually form the part of the parent chain

aditya bhattacharjee 20 days ago
magnesium ribbon is cleaned before experimentiing to remove the oxide layer but why do we need to remove the oxide layer \if the answer is that it is because if there is oxygen mg cant burn ...

my friend a layer of MgO is formed on the ribbon which is a compound and is having a strong bond it covers the Mg ribbon which is made up of pure Mg atoms so the contact between the O2 gas...

Rijit Singh one month ago

thanku for the answer hope its right..........

Jessica James one month ago

Your Welcome!!!

Rijit Singh one month ago
what is chemical formula of colemanite?

Ca2B6O11

sanjay 8 days ago

the chemical formula of colemanite Ca 2 B 6 O 11

L GOUSE BASHA yesterday

Chemical Formula Ca 2 B 6 O 11 · 5H 2 O

durga 17 hours ago
Why zinc sulphide screen is used inαscattering experiment

Hello dhruv, zinc sulphide releases a photon having wavelength of visible light when it is hit by a charged particle. in alpha scattering, alpha particles are scattered to different degree...

Neeti one month ago

You are most welcome, you could also approve the answer if you liked it :)

Neeti one month ago

Thanks for your an

Dhruv Desai one month ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!