There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 600 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

Plzz help..Its a big doubt..

In nomenclature for aromatic compounds , when do we use "phenyl". Is its C6H5 or any side chain on the ring compound..

Is its for side chain , then if NO2 group is there on the ring , why we write nitrobenzene & not phenylbenzene?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

if from benzene a hydrogen is removed then the compound C6H5 is called phenyl.

but if a group ex. N02 is attached then it is no more a free phenyl, as in place of hydrogen a group is attached (no vacant place). thus it is called differently as nitrobenzene.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

I have the honour to state that I have faced some problem with those question below: 1.To produce Alkylbromide we need Alkanol,HBr and H 2 SO 4 but H 2 SO 4 is not necessary to produce...

H2SO4 is generally used for the purpose of Hydration and Dehyfdration of the reactants. that can lead it to the formation of saturated or maybe unsaturated carbon compounds too.

Vikas TU 5 days ago
Why the +R effect of o-Methoxyphenol is less than that of p-Methoxyphenol?

o-Methoxyphenol has less +R effect as it’s oxygen atom is partially responsible for the H – H bonding and thus is restricted to show total + R effect.

Vikas TU 20 days ago
What is the unhydride of H2S2O3 and please tell me how we predict that unhydride of perticular compound??

H2S2O3 is the mixed anhydride of H2SO4 and H2S. 2 H 2 S 2 O 3 ⇔ 2 H 2 S O 3 + S 2 . H2S2O3 dissociates into H2SO3 and S2 on heating thus.

Vikas TU one month ago
What is the meaning of 118% of a sample of oleum? How can a percentage exceed 100??

I hope you know the definition of % labelling of oleum. It says amount of sulphuric acid obtained when just sufficient water is added into 100 g oleum sample so that all the SO3is converted...
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
WHAT IS FIRST ORDER REACTION......................................?

DEAR MANI, REACTION IN WHICH RATE OF THE REACTION IS DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL TO THE SINGLE CONCETRATION TERM OF THE REACTING SUBSTANCE IS CALLED FIRST ORDER REACTION.

SAI SARDAR one month ago
EXPLAIN THE ANTIFERROMAGNETISM..........................................?

Anti ferromagnetism: These substances have domain structure similar to those of ferromagnetic substances but their domains are oppositely oriented and cancel out each other’s magnetic...

SAI SARDAR one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

Get extra R 600 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts