Plzz help..Its a big doubt..

In nomenclature for aromatic compounds , when do we use "phenyl". Is its C6H5 or any side chain on the ring compound..

Is its for side chain , then if NO2 group is there on the ring , why we write nitrobenzene & not phenylbenzene?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

if from benzene a hydrogen is removed then the compound C6H5 is called phenyl.

but if a group ex. N02 is attached then it is no more a free phenyl, as in place of hydrogen a group is attached (no vacant place). thus it is called differently as nitrobenzene.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
hyperconjugation occurs in: please expain the answer

thanks for the reply,but the answer is C.

HARSHIT SHARMA one month ago

arey koi reply kar do

HARSHIT SHARMA 15 days ago

Hyperconjugation makes the carbocations more stabilized than when hyperconjugation occurs with radicals (not so stable). This is explained due to the fact that in carbocations, both...

Indranil Roy one month ago
Sir, I am not able to grasp much of organic chemistry. The number of reagents and exceptions is so large (in JEE syllabus) that I am almost all jumbled up when I see a question in the exam....

see this is most impotant part of organic chemistry in which you have to have the full knowledge of what is the role of which reagent and what conditions it takes to follow the reactions,...
  img
Suraj Prasad 5 days ago
How to remember all the organic reactions easily?

In order to remember all the organic reactions,you have to practice them by writing.Every time when you study the reactions write down them,and focused on what is removing or what is...
  img
Aarti Gupta 19 days ago
primitive vectors and primitive cell volume for a bcc lattice.

Dear student, A Bravais lattice is defined as an infinite array of discrete points generated by a set of discrete translation vectors given by: Here n i are integers and a i are known as the...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago
please give the simple relation between strengths of H2O2

hydrogen peroxide can be expressed in different strength.The strength can be described in two ways:= (1)Percentage strength (%) This tells you how much pure hydrogen peroxide is in the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 days ago
question bank

practise from any good book.it is ok thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian faculty
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
View all Questions »