There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

why chloroquine can not use for complete treatment of maleria

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Chloroquine is a medication to treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by parasites. This medicine works by interfering with the growth of parasites in the red blood cells of the human body.

Parasites that cause malaria typically enter the body through the bite of a mosquito. Malaria is common in areas such as Africa, South America, and Southern Asia.

Chloroquine is used to treat and to prevent malaria. Chloroquine is also used to treat infections caused by amoebae.

Chloroquine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

You should not use this medication if you are allergic to chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), or if you have a history of vision changes or damage to your retina caused by chloroquine or similar anti-malaria medications.

Before you take chloroquine, tell your doctor if you have psoriasis, porphyria, liver disease, alcoholism, G6PD deficiency, or a history of problems with your vision or hearing.Slideshow: It’s Buggin’ Me! How to Safely Use an Insect Repellent
[It’s Buggin’ Me! How to Safely Use an Insect Repellent]Take chloroquine for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. If you are taking this medicineto treatmalaria, your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated.

Some people taking this medication over long periods of time or at high doses have developed irreversible damage to the retina of the eye. Stop taking chloroquine and call your doctor at once if you have trouble focusing, if you see light streaks or flashes in your vision, or if you notice any swelling or color changes in your eyes.

This medication may cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.

Call a poison control center at once and then seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.An overdose of chloroquine can be fatal, especially in children.

Chloroquine side effects

Some people taking this medication over long periods of time or at high doses have developed irreversible damage to the retina of the eye. Stop taking chloroquine and call your doctor at once if you have trouble focusing, if you see light streaks or flashes in your vision, or if you notice any swelling or color changes in your eyes.

Get emergency medical help if you have any of thesesigns of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop using chloroquine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

vision problems, trouble reading or seeing objects, hazy vision;

hearing loss or ringing in the ears;

seizure (convulsions);

severe muscle weakness, loss of coordination, underactive reflexes;

nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or

severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.

Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take chloroquine and talk to your doctor if you experience

diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps;

temporary hair loss, changes in hair color; or

mild muscle weakness.
2 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Cannizaro reaction is not given by Chloral HCHO 2-methylpropanal p-methoxybenzaldehyde The answers are 1,2 I have doubt in 3,4. Generally aldehydes without alphe hydrogen give cannizaro...

Dear student canninzaro reaction is given by only those aldehydes in which alpha-hydrogen is absent.So formaldehyde(HCHO),chloral(CCl3CHO) and p-methoxy benzaldehyde all will give this...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

Canninzaro reaction is the characteristic of those aldehydes which do not contain alpha-hydrogen.Thus formaldehyde(HCHO),chloral(CC3CHO) and p-methoxybenzaldehyde will show this reaction as...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

But CCl 3 CHO does not undergo cannizaro reaction. CCl3CHO +OH - = CHCl 3 . But not cannizaro products. The answers are chloral and p-methoxybenzaldehyde. How can 2-methyl propanal (...

Himaja 7 months ago
which is more dominant -I or +R of chlorine?

Hi Sujit, In general when an atom shows both inductive and resonance effect, the resonance effect is stronger and considered over the inductive effect. But in case of Chlorine, the -I...

Neeti 6 days ago
what is isomerism

Isomerismis the phenomenon whereby certain compounds, with the same molecular formula, exist in different forms owing to their different organisations of atoms. The concept of isomerism...
  img
Avinash 8 days ago

ISOMERS – Molecules having same molecular formula but differs in their structure. Ex : C 2 H 5 – OH, CH 3 – O – CH 3 have same molecular formula. please approve my answer

A M S ARUN KRISHNA 8 days ago
what is the relative lowering of a vapour pressure of 26% solution of a non-volatile solute of molecular mass 52 in diethyle ether

relative lowering of vapour pressure is equal to mole fraction of the non volatile solute. Here a 26% solution is present therefore 26gm of solute in 100gm solution therefore 100-26 = 74gm...

Neeti 3 days ago
4.5 gm of a metallic chloride contains 35.5 gm of chlorine .then what is the equivalent mass of metal

For an element theequivalent weightis the quantity that combines with or replaces 1.00797 grams (g) of hydrogen or 7.9997 g of oxygen; or, theweightof an element that is liberated in an...
  img
Charchit Tailong 2 days ago
Why melting point depend upon the number of unpaired electrons?

melting point depends on the metallic bonding.The stronger the metallic bonding the higher the melting point.The metallic bonding depends on the number of unpaired electron.The more the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

I passed 12 exam in 2014....am i eligible for jee(adv) 2016??

PAPUMANI AHMED 25 days ago
View all Questions »