Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Explain the formation of alcohols From Grignard reagents?

All the three types of monohydric alcohols (primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols) are obtained by the use of Grignard reagents and carbonyl compounds. The addition of RMgX on carbonyl...
  img
Pankaj 14 days ago
what is an active hydrogen ? how can we calculate the number of active hydrogen in a compound ? ( like if we were to find active hydrogen in 2-Propyne-1-ol )

ACTIVE HYDROGEN is nothing bur a hydrogen atom which is ready to donate electrons .Transfer hydrogenation is the addition of hydrogen (H2; dihydrogen in inorganic and organometallic...

meenakshi boni 3 months ago

reaction of grignard reagent with compound containing active/acidic hydrogen (hydrogen bonded with S,O,N , terminal alkyne)

sizzi 2 months ago

Active Hydrogen is the hydrogen at allylic position which can easily be removed while elimination reactions

Avtansh Gupta 2 months ago
n-C3H7CO2H TO n-C4H9OH

Reduction with LiALH4 Thank You Ruchi Askiitians Faculty
  img
ruchi yadav 4 months ago

Using NaBH4 Thank You Ruchi Askiitians Faculty
  img
ruchi yadav 4 months ago
H2O is liquied H2S is gas why?

Why do you think Gandhi considered the Champaran episode to be a turning- point in his life? Ans)1.Gandhi considered the Champaran episode as a turning-point in his life. Champaran didn’t...

S MAHAMAD GOUSE 3 months ago

The Happy Prince Summery? Ans)1.One night a little swallow flew over the city where the Prince’s beautiful statue stood. The swallow’s friends had gone away to Egypt six weeks before, but he...

S MAHAMAD GOUSE 3 months ago

In H2O Molecule Hydrogen bonds or present,small size more electro negativity that why H2O is liquid.In H2S no hydrogen bonds are present that why h2s is gas

SHAKE MAHAMAD GOUSE 5 months ago
Arrange the following in increasing oxidation number of iodine. I 2 , HI , HIO 4 ,ICI

I2 oxidation number=0 HI=-1 HIO4=+7 ICL=+1 increasing oxidation number=I2,HI,ICL,HIO4 thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian faculty
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago

HI < I 2 < ICI < HIO 4 ; O.N. of I in I­ 2 = 0, HI = - 1, ICI = + 1, HIO 4 = + 7.
  img
Navjyot Kalra one month ago
question bank

practise from any good book.it is ok thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian faculty
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 16 days ago
View all Questions »