DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

why chloroquine can not use for complete treatment of maleria

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Chloroquine is a medication to treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by parasites. This medicine works by interfering with the growth of parasites in the red blood cells of the human body.

Parasites that cause malaria typically enter the body through the bite of a mosquito. Malaria is common in areas such as Africa, South America, and Southern Asia.

Chloroquine is used to treat and to prevent malaria. Chloroquine is also used to treat infections caused by amoebae.

Chloroquine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

You should not use this medication if you are allergic to chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), or if you have a history of vision changes or damage to your retina caused by chloroquine or similar anti-malaria medications.

Before you take chloroquine, tell your doctor if you have psoriasis, porphyria, liver disease, alcoholism, G6PD deficiency, or a history of problems with your vision or hearing.Slideshow: It’s Buggin’ Me! How to Safely Use an Insect Repellent
[It’s Buggin’ Me! How to Safely Use an Insect Repellent]Take chloroquine for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. If you are taking this medicineto treatmalaria, your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated.

Some people taking this medication over long periods of time or at high doses have developed irreversible damage to the retina of the eye. Stop taking chloroquine and call your doctor at once if you have trouble focusing, if you see light streaks or flashes in your vision, or if you notice any swelling or color changes in your eyes.

This medication may cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.

Call a poison control center at once and then seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.An overdose of chloroquine can be fatal, especially in children.

Chloroquine side effects

Some people taking this medication over long periods of time or at high doses have developed irreversible damage to the retina of the eye. Stop taking chloroquine and call your doctor at once if you have trouble focusing, if you see light streaks or flashes in your vision, or if you notice any swelling or color changes in your eyes.

Get emergency medical help if you have any of thesesigns of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop using chloroquine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

vision problems, trouble reading or seeing objects, hazy vision;

hearing loss or ringing in the ears;

seizure (convulsions);

severe muscle weakness, loss of coordination, underactive reflexes;

nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or

severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.

Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take chloroquine and talk to your doctor if you experience

diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps;

temporary hair loss, changes in hair color; or

mild muscle weakness.
2 days ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given, I...

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3 0...

viswanath 3 months ago

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base...

Shivam Chopra 3 months ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 3 months ago
Convert froctose to osazone.

Hello Student
  img
Gaurav 2 months ago

fructose+3equivNHNH 2 C 6 H 5 =osazone

manasa gorthy 2 months ago
Do you think we all are non living? do you think we all are non living with complex structures as we all are made up of elements working in complex manner by chemical reaction...but we...

Hello Akansha, You have asked a very good question. All the living and non-living objects are made up of the fundamental particles atoms, molecules and sub atomic particles. In a living...
  img
Pankaj 2 months ago
in lathanides, why neodymium possess high paramagnatism than others?

ThetetragonalNd2Fe14B crystal structure has exceptionally high uniaxialmagnetocrystalline anisotropy(HA~7teslas- magnetic field strength H in A/m versus magnetic moment in A.m2).This gives...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago

Respected sunil kumar sir, i cann’t clearely understand your answer , so pls give details broadly.

muthu sankar g 9 months ago
Why vapour pressure does not depend on surface area?

Hello student Vapour pressure does not depend upon the surface area bacause vapours produced from the surface increases on increasing the surface area. Therefore the ratio of numbers of...
  img
Anjali Ahuja 6 months ago

If we prepare a solution i.e., we dissolve small amount of solute in excess of solvent. We see that on the surface of the liquid of solution, number of solvent molecules became less bacause...
  img
Raheema Javed 6 months ago
Is ethylene diamine a strong or weak field ligand ? Why is the shape of [Ni(CN) 4 ] 2- and [Ni(CO 4 )] different , although both CN - a nd (CO) are strong field ligands ?

1,ethylene diamine a strong field ligand as it has two group which is attached to the central atom. it form a "C" clamp looking structureSee the structure of EDTA(ethylene diamine)...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

ni z= 28 3d8 4s2 oxidation state 0 CO is neutral ligand and strong field ligand therefore e- pairing occurs and final e- config after pairing is 3d10 4s0 hence 4s and 4p orbitals will be...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

Where does the 4s 2 electron go?

Krishnendu Ronaldo 7 months ago
View all Questions »