Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

i often get confused in distinguishing in bronsted acids/bases and lewis acids/bases

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

In the Lowry-Brønsted model: "A Brønsted acid is a proton donor, and a Brønsted base is a proton acceptor (abstractor)".

In the Lewis model: "A Lewis acid is an electron-pair acceptor, and Lewis base is an electron-pair donor ".

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

What is conjugation and how to find it in an compound and all other information related to conjugation? and What is conjugated compound?
Conjugation is the terms which has been defined to understand the concept of Resonance. That simply reveals the displacement of the pi-pi bonds from one location to another location, and...
Vikas TU one month ago
How do we find the bond order in a compound.......?
1- Draw the Lewis structure. 2-count the total no of bond . 3-count the no of bond group between individual atom . 4-divide the no of bond between atoms by a total no of bond group in the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
you have already familiar with text books of intermediate. take reference from that text book .use this oppurtunity for only asking critical questions. It makes you perfect in writing JEE...
cris gayle one month ago
can i know which book can i refer for jee mains with basics i m very back at basics
@ ram , i think u are asking for the organic chemistry . if so, then start with ncert , with reading of ncert , your besic will get strong as it explains each and every mechanism step by...
Umakant biswal 29 days ago
Can anybody tell me disproportionation reaction of OCl :-) ^- in neutral, alkaline or acidic medium.
@ gagandeep in the case of acidic medium cl- get oxidised to cl2 , so, i think u can write the reaction also. just try to apply LEO says GER formula and balance the electron u will get it . ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
What is the difference between Tate of reaction and rate of disappearence of one reactant
@ satheesh what u need to understand is that , suppose you are doing a reaction . so, u must have some reactant initially , and after some period of time the reactant will going to form...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
For expressing the rate of a reaction where stoichiometric coefficients of reactant or products are not equal to one,rate of disappearance of any of the reactants or the rate of appearance...
Anjitha 3 months ago
Show the value of Rydberg constant vary with the mass of the nucleus.
Boher showed the Rydberg’s Constant as a function of the mass of the nucleus. It is given as: R = (alpha)^2*m*c/2h where alpha is the constant with m is the mass of nucleus and c is speed...
Vikas TU 6 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn